Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at my totally unscientific 1-to-10 Preparedness Scale and figure out where you are.

Dead Sheep
I am a passive and perpetual victim and I prefer it that way.
What – me worry?
I have complete trust in the U.S. government to protect me from all enemies, domestic and foreign, and to effectively aid me in times of natural or man-made disaster.
The Awakening
I’m beginning to wonder if things are as rosy as they seem.
The Stirring
As I look around, there are some things I should be doing.
DEFCON Uno
I am familiar with basic FEMA guidelines for preparedness and have completed fema.gov checklists to maintain my family and I during a brief crisis.
Shelter
in Place - Minus

I am fully prepared to maintain my loved ones and myself at home for one month under extreme but not violent circumstances.
Shelter
in Place - Plus

I am fully prepared to maintain my loved ones and myself at home for one month under extreme and even violent circumstances.
Bug Out I
I have easy access to a remote location where I can relocate my family and I for an extended time.
Bug Out II
My remote location is ready to receive me and mine with prelocated provisions.
Dunn Bugged Out
I am forted up in a remote location, completely off grid, totally self sufficient, and if you come within 1,000 yards, well, don’t come within my 1,000- yard perimeter unless I know you.​

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
We're a solid 7.

·
Registered
7,305 Posts
I'm about a 4 or 5. I have accomplished a good amount of things, but need to work on more.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Solid 10 Here.
We Live in a Very Remote Area (20 miles from Nearest Town)
Surrounded by Vast Acreages of National Forrest.
In the Process of Caching Ammo in Various Locations on the Property
(4 Easy/Concealed Access during an Emergency Situation)
Canned Goods Stocked. Plentiful Water Supplies (Bottled & Natural) Lots of Wild Game.
We also Both Have Vests (Level III & IV) & Gas Masks in our night stands (Just In Case of a Midnight Raid)
Loaded Firearms are Located throughout the House.
Bugout Bag Packed to Support 2 for 2 wks.
Call me Paranoid, But, We're Ready.
UncleSarge58

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Wow! When I opened this thread i figured I'd be about a 3 on the scale...if that even. Turns out I'm an 8. Still need a better water supply though.

Reactions: unclesarge58

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
The way it looks I guess I'll be just Shootin from the Hip!?! But I hope to take out some "D/R Cronie's Zomie's" before I go down!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

I might have to go bunk with UncleSarge!
I got ammo N guns.....! :marchmellow:

BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Solid 10 Here.
We Live in a Very Remote Area (20 miles from Nearest Town)
Surrounded by Vast Acreages of National Forrest.
In the Process of Caching Ammo in Various Locations on the Property
(4 Easy/Concealed Access during an Emergency Situation)
Canned Goods Stocked. Plentiful Water Supplies (Bottled & Natural) Lots of Wild Game.
We also Both Have Vests (Level III & IV) & Gas Masks in our night stands (Just In Case of a Midnight Raid)
Loaded Firearms are Located throughout the House.
Bugout Bag Packed to Support 2 for 2 wks.
Call me Paranoid, But, We're Ready.
UncleSarge58
Now THAT is prepared!!! Rifles for long, medium, and shotguns and handguns for close (just a guess). Variety of knives and hawks--not for show or fun--for purpose. Basic "Maslow" planning. Air, water, food, shelter and the means to keep them and replenish over a sustained period of time. Problem for many of us will be meds--not the basic supply stuff. Those can be wrapped in foil, vacuum sealed, and frozen--about a 25 year shelf life if you can get the supply to start with and keep them cold.

·
Registered
513 Posts
4. Working for 7.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Here is some biblical wisdom from the Old Testament. You know the
part very few people read anymore.

2 Kings Chapter 20 verses 12-18

12 At that time Marduk-Baladan son of Baladan king of Babylon sent Hezekiah letters and a gift, because he had heard
of Hezekiah’s illness. 13 Hezekiah received the envoys and showed them all that was in his storehouses—the silver, the
gold, the spices and the fine olive oil—his armory and everything found among his treasures. There was nothing in his
palace or in all his kingdom that Hezekiah did not show them.

14 Then Isaiah the prophet went to King Hezekiah and asked, “What did those men say, and where did they come
from?”
“From a distant land,” Hezekiah replied. “They came from Babylon.”

15 The prophet asked, “What did they see in your palace?”
“They saw everything in my palace,” Hezekiah said. “There is nothing among my treasures that I did not show them.”

16 Then Isaiah said to Hezekiah, “Hear the word of the Lord: 17 The time will surely come when everything in your
palace, and all that your predecessors have stored up until this day, will be carried off to Babylon. Nothing will be left,
says the Lord. 18 And some of your descendants, your own flesh and blood who will be born to you, will be taken away,
and they will become eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.”

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Out Here...I am Not Alone. It's a Way of Life.
Like the Song Says: "Country Boy Can Survive"
Just because I Got It...Don't mean you Can Find It.
Let Alone Take it From Me!
"From My Cold Dead Hands"
US58

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm living in my 8. The family will come if needed.

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
I'm going to have to take the 5th on this one...

·
Registered
54 Posts
If it's just me and Mama we're a 7 workin on a 8. Gotta keep workin on every thing in case the kids and grand kids need help.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

Unborn
Sheep
No preparation needed
because we are all alone
here and only have the type
of "friends" that are our
"friends" when they need
something and therefore
should not be counted on.
We will be dead before we
can fire off half a magazine
and long dead before we
could use any stashed water
and food.

We do save money by not having lots of guns and lots of ammo, or "prep" stuff however. Reality...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts