Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just stopped at gander mtn. They don't have any marlin 338 s or ammo the guy there said the ammo is very hard to get.
And looking at the ammo I found 4 boxes of 450 marlin.
He told me they ordered the 35 rem ammo. So now I don't know what to look for in another lever.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
308 Came Out In 2007 The 338 Came Out At The End Of 2008 As A 2009 Model. Anything With A Serial # Starting With 93 Or 92 Should Be Ok. If It Starts With 91 it Needs To Be Checked For Barrel Droop. Ammo Availability Is Spotty, Take It Where You Find it.

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
JACKTW Has A Wealth Of Info On Both Calibers And Is In contact With Both Marlin And Hornady. PM Him. He's the Man I'd Direct Any Questions To On These 2 Fine Calibers.I

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.
On the way home just for kicks I stopped at dicks sporting goods. I new it would be a wast of time
And it was. There ammo shelves were about bare.
Ammo is out of season.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have never found the 338 Marlin ammo on the shelves here in NE Florida. I reload, but I ordered quite a bit online. In the past I have found it at Midway, Midsouth, Grafs, and Cheaper Than Dirt. I found a couple of boxes in a Bass Pro Shop in Georgia, and a couple in an Academy in San Antonio, Tx. I have found that its generally cheaper to order 10 boxes online and have it on hand than have to hunt for it during hunting season, especially these days. These days reloading is about the only way to ensure you have the ammo you need.

Gary

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Good information TR, having not been in the market for a Remington I was unaware that MR was even in the equation.
I ordered 5 boxes from Cheaper Than Dirt a few months ago. I like a decent supply of the same lot number. In all candor I've never had a problem finding 338 MX ammo on line.
Ss

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lucky me I can't order ammo on line I am in NY.
Just stopped a my LGS. And he said it only shows up around hunting season. Even then its tuf to get.
He put it on his wish list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts