Marlin Firearms Forum banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Sorry, must be lost in translation. I dont understand the term 'too many' with firearms? Over here you can have 'too many' cakes, bein as it will make you sick. You can have 'too many' debts, also make you sick. However, 'too many' fireams, Marlin or any others just makes no sense. What does it mean? How is it possible?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I keep thinking that I have ALL of the Marlins that I want! It is the only brand for me that is a collection, with a few nice engraved ones that just get admired & not shot but once.
A separate glass door gun cabinet for center fire & rimfire and wall racks for the pretty ones
. BUT, I just can not walk away from one that is a particularly nice rifle & a good deal!
I have posted it elsewhere, but this 1953 39A, Ballard rifled was the last addition. It now sports a peep sight, but with a scope, it was printing 1/2" & sometimes better at 50Y with Blazer ammo.
Marlin 39A-1.jpg

Reactions: raco

·
Registered
26 Posts
Marlin, to many of us the name says it all, great built Guns with history that goes deep. Marlins have kept me up at night looking at for sale ads and thinking I really “need” that one. Today I’ll head to a gun show in hopes of finding that deal we all dream of. I now have 15 Marlins and it’s going up at a rapid pace this time of year. Winter is gun season. How many Marlins do you have?
I only own 3 at this point. A 336 in .35 rem. A model 1895ss 45/70 cal. Also a 444p. All are JM Marlins No Remlins for me

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I have no interest in post "JM" but have been the temporary owner of quite a few, some for only a few hours at best. I especially enjoy finding a young person (20's or 30"s) interested in the history and quality that they have and are not black gun addicts. I don't do many shows anymore and I have managed to curb the addiction and reduce the collection to some odd balls and calibers which I am always on the lookout for, or not. Sometimes they just show up, those are the best ones.

·
Registered
31,276 Posts
To be "Honest" I have four less this week then I had last week! It only opens up the safes for more Marlins I want!

ca'jun56

101 - 120 of 125 Posts