Marlin Firearms Forum banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have sold quite a few JM's over the years to friends and family(who could have predicted that they would be worth their weight in Gold at the time), but I still have a few clean examples left. Let's do some math.
The days in a year/ Divided by the months in a year+Then add a handful of fingers and you are there.

·
Registered
368 Posts
A 39a, two 39a Mounties, Dad's old 336 SC in 35 Remington, a 1897 cowboy( 22lr, basically a long barrel Mountie) A 1895, and 1895 Guide Gun, and 1895 Cowboy, all 45-70 and a 336 Cowboy in 38-55. One of the late model .410 shotguns on the 1895 frame, and couple of 1894's a 44 Mag Cowboy, like those long octagon barrels and an 1894 CL in 32-20. I think that makes an even dozen.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Marlin, to many of us the name says it all, great built Guns with history that goes deep. Marlins have kept me up at night looking at for sale ads and thinking I really “need” that one. Today I’ll head to a gun show in hopes of finding that deal we all dream of. I now have 15 Marlins and it’s going up at a rapid pace this time of year. Winter is gun season. How many Marlins do you have?
never have to many. i have 6 JM marlins

·
Registered
169 Posts
I’m up to 13, all jm stamped stainless ones. Definitely more than I need but so many more that I have my eyes on.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
More than I need of course, but I just started getting into them in a bigger way about three years ago.
I say "Bigger Way", because the first new rifle that I ever bought was a Mountie in 1958. Unfortunately, it got sold off by my Dad when I was in Vietnam '65-'66 when he fell on bad times. In '77 I bought a used 336 Texan in 30-30 that was a great gun. I gave that to a buddy that greatly admired it in about 1985, as he had just gotten divorced & his guns got sold off.
Then three years ago, I told a buddy that I was looking for a older 30-30 with Ballard rifling to shoot cast bullets in. He gave me a 1950 Waffle Top RC for $1! That sort of gave me the Marlinitus & it got worse in the next couple years. On the other hand, I have never been so HAPPY about being sick!

I have a 44-40 Carbine coming next week & I swear that will be it, as it fills up the last slot in the gun cabinet! I have not counted, but it seems like it is now about 16-17 rifles & one belt buckle.
I did see an apx. 30" X 30" Marlin Fire Arms Banner hanging in an old gun shop the other day. Not for sale, but maybe with the right offer, it could be hanging on the wall with my Marlins!

Only one Remlin in the bunch, but it is a VERY nice (Custom Shop) 336TDL in 30-30 that is sub 1 MOA!
I like them all, but will likely try to find a better bore '94 25-20 than what I have now, or reline it.
Otherwise, they are all great shooters!

I've discovered that the best cure for Marlinitus is to just have a representative of each.........

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
I have been eying up another, a Marlin 12g pump, model 120 I think. Looks sweet, but I try not to buy unless I can inspect. Having said that in the pic it looks as new.

I might go for another lever in the coming months, maybe a calibre I am unfamiliar with, .45-70? Something new to try and to learn about.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have three Marlin lever action rifles 30-30,444. & 45-70.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
One JM 336W 30-30 in like new condition, maybe 50 rounds thru it, I paid $250 for it15 years ago. Boy those days are gone

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,338 Posts
Too many is when one goes missing you don't notice. Unless you're like my acquaintance who has at least two full time curators keeping inventory and maintaining and preservation. None are for sale. AC

·
Registered
200 Posts
I’ve only got 5. But they all have uses. I thought I was going to get a 444 or 45/70 but I think I’m going to try a side gate Henry. I’ve got their BB 44 mag and it’s a great rifle.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts