Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marlin, to many of us the name says it all, great built Guns with history that goes deep. Marlins have kept me up at night looking at for sale ads and thinking I really “need” that one. Today I’ll head to a gun show in hopes of finding that deal we all dream of. I now have 15 Marlins and it’s going up at a rapid pace this time of year. Winter is gun season. How many Marlins do you have?

·
Registered
31,289 Posts
It's seems it's my job is to take all 22's made and scoop them up! My latest was a no serial number Western Auto Revelation model 120 with a BSA classic scope. $65 I haven't counted so I can't tell. Missing a Marlin 45/70 in my family.

ca'jun56

·
Super Moderator
24,230 Posts
I lost count--maybe 35 or so?

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
When you open up your safe and find more than 6 that you didn't know you had.

The number that you have never shot doesn't count.

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
It's seems it's my job is to take all 22's made and scope them up! My latest was a no serial number Western Auto Revelation model 120 with a BSA classic scope. $65 I haven't counted so I can't tell. Missing a Marlin 45/70 in my family.

ca'jun56
hey Cajun you need a 45-70, especially livin in the swamp

not sure how many exactly but every time I go to count I don't have enough toes and fingers......................

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
I have 5 now. With Marlins fetching "collector" prices these days it looks like I'm out of the Marlin buying market for now.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Speaking of how many firearms one has is, IMHO, kinda like bragging to all your neighbors how you cheat on your income tax.
No good will come of it.

It's coming.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
How many is enough, or too many is an individual choice. Everyone's count is different and rarely based on a set number. At one time maybe 15-20 years ago I owned over 100 pre WWI era Marlin leverguns. But I also owned a fair number of Marlin Ballard single shots then. Eventually my interest in the Marlin Ballard became so great that I began to sell most of my leverguns and reinvest in Ballard rifles.
I still own some pre 1900 Marlin leverguns, but most of my collection is Ballard rifles now. I wont post a count, but I will say I'm still always looking for more. Not necessarily a particular model, but just Ballards that interest me and fill a niche.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Three . . . and I use them all. . .
Same here. I'm no collector (of Marlins or any other maker). Gun ownership is driven by hunting not shooting/collecting. The 39A is for squirrels, the .45/70 is for deer, and the 1894C has also killed deer. Even though I handload for my 1894C and my Classic 1895, I don't spend a lot of time at the range. Because Ohio is a straight-walled cartridge deer state, I don't own a .30/30. There, I've confessed it all. I know, I should be ashamed (and I think I am). :embarassed:

1 - 20 of 125 Posts