Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,what is your favorite rimfire in your collection? I have two.I have a Marlin 39a made in 1952 thats all original and shoots perfect.It has a fabulous trigger and the smoothest action of all my guns.I have won a bunch of off hand contests with this gun at my gun club.Not that I'm any kind of marksmen,but this gun helped.
The other is a Remington 540x target gun I picked up from a retired rifle team couch.This gun is a bench rest gun for me.It's pretty heavy.I can shoot a thumb tack every time with this one.I love it.
Anyone else have a rimefire that they wont part with? Lets hear about it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Marlin 39A, 1958 vintage. I am still getting used to the receiver sights that I recently installed after having it scoped for over twenty years. I'm amazed at how well it groups with these sights. I guess I was under the wrong impression that iron sights were far inferior to scoped rifles. I'm not saying they are as precise, just that the difference isn't as great as I had thought it would be. Glen

·
Registered
183 Posts
My favorite is the 39A, but the 880SQ, a close 2nd, is the most accurate.

There are several others, and all do well for the intended purpose. The 25N, the 10/22 with shortened stock,
and the 15YN belong to my sons. My stainless 10/22 and the MKII pistol are mine.....sometimes not!
The boys are having a ball with that MKII!

hogship

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Marlin 25mn... CZ 452 Special. Remington 581 ... Love all of them.. all accurate and fun to shoot.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
My Ruger MKII Standard model gets the most use out of all my rimfires, but as far as rifles go its my 39A with Lyman rec. sight.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My favorite that I shoot is a 1897 CB w/Marbles tang site. What a nostalgic shooter. The one that I don't shoot is a Mod. 39a DOM 1939 in 99.5+ condition. I didn't know if it mattered, shooter or nonshooter? Thought I'd throw in both. :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
#1 Favorite- Marlin 880SQ bedded into a laminated stock, Weaver V-16 scope. Incredibly accurate.

#2 Favorite- Ruger 77/22 stainless/synthetic with Leupold 3X9 compact scope. Light, handy, maintenance free, and accurate.

#3 Favorite- Marlin 39 TDS with Lyman Peep. Give me a brick of ammo, a few soda cans, and maybe a paper target or two and I'm set for a whole lot of fun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
All of them equally. Each one has a different personality. I respect that. Sometimes they get cranky and stubborn. Sometimes we get along just fine. They're all low maintainance too. :D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Out of 15 or so .22's, my new favorite is my newly aquired Marlin Model 18 "Baby Featherweight".
Ultra-rare and fun to shoot !
WB

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rifle=tie between my two 39A's, one standard length, one Mountie; one from 1960, the other from 1961 (I can't ever remember which is which)

Handgun=hands down the S&W Model 63 Kit Gun. In my opinion, absolutely the handiest and best shooting .22 handgun ever made. If I absolutely had to pick a favorite between the rifles and handguns, it would probably be the little 63.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hard call. My first .22 ( a marlin 60) is now inoperable, but it will forever hold a place in my heart. If that thing could speak I'd be in jail right now! LOL My 25MN is pretty fun to shoot, killed my first Fox Squirrel with it.

I have been hit by the urge to build a 10/22 in the last few days and I have no damn clue as to why. I suppose I'll have to do it sometime, otherwise I might be mad at myself. lol :p

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
My favorite rimfires are my model 52B Winchester, my Stevens 44 Schuetzen, and my 1891, 1892, and 1897 Marlins.
I am however going to adjust this order, as I get to shoot my new CZ 452 .17hmr more.

·
Registered
44 Posts
For everyday use, my favorite is a 880SS with a Marlin laminated stock, BSA 4X12X40 scope w/BSA mounts, lightened the trigger shooting Wolf MT ammo. Quiet, accurate and not bad to look at.

·
Registered
932 Posts
That's an easy question. It's my left handed anschutz 1416. Next time ask me a hard question.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts