Marlin Firearms Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
It’s inflation, but North Haven Marlins are just bringing a premium now, period. And frankly the prices on the new Rugers are making some of the gunbroker deals seem decent. 2k for a Ruger 1895 makes a nice 1k North Haven model seem reasonable. And I don’t see that changing. There are some decent deals to be had on Remlins though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I go on gun broker to bid on a nice '77 vintage 336 in 30-30 and offer 700.00 which I think is a reasonable price and keep getting out bid and the gun finally sells for $ 1,250.00 !!! Which I think is totally nuts. Is this the market today? Might be time to find a new hobby. Any thoughts? Is this what I should expect to pay for a standard 336 ?
I'm seeing the same thing here in Kansas. A used 308MX can go for 15-18... The Marlin Levers are off the chart... Not coming back... If you see one for 5 and you want one, GET IT... Every gun shop is reading the same play book...
Larry G

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms! Worked as an engineering
12,360 Posts
I just bought a 2 gallon gas can that cost almost as much as the gas to fill. I'm upset enough that I'll end each post with something political.

Thanks Joe, you are the worst president since Jimmy Carter (I had to be part of his body guard prior to the primary.) His fake teethy smile said it all.

AC

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I go on gun broker to bid on a nice '77 vintage 336 in 30-30 and offer 700.00 which I think is a reasonable price and keep getting out bid and the gun finally sells for $ 1,250.00 !!! Which I think is totally nuts. Is this the market today? Might be time to find a new hobby. Any thoughts? Is this what I should expect to pay for a standard 336 ?

·
Registered
552 Posts
And I thought Jimmy Carter was a horrible President. Biden is the worst I've ever seen in my 67 years Only thing scarier is him not able to be president and that leaves the wicked witch of the west, the Harrisite.

AC
Pretty sure the wicked witch of the west is hillary. The harrisite must be the wicked witch of the east.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I bought a Miroku Winchester 1886 Deluxe about a year and a half ago, mint almost NIB, I doubt more than a couple of boxes were fired from it. Looked brand new. Paid $1,350 or about $1,550 out the door.
Thought that was pretty spendy. Saw a NIB sell for about $2,500 about 4 months ago, made me feel a bit better. Last week I saw another NIB that sold 3 weeks ago for $3,025.00. Nuts.

·
Super Moderator
4,123 Posts
I worked for a company and invested in a 401k. They went bankrupt and I took my 401k money out and bought guns and ammo. Mostly Marlins. I know it’s time to sell but I love the dang things.

I’ve gotten great deals on GB and Guns America.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking at an auction last winter and had two Marlins in calibers I did not have. One in a 22 mag, first one I had ever seen and one in a 256 Winchester Mag. Both in nice condition. Hammer price over $2900.00 - plus buyers premium and shipping. Out of my price range. Same as other comments on forum I started collection Marlin levers in the 80's. I wish I had doubled up or tripled up on different calibers and could dump a few right now. Now if I only could get ammo for a couple of them......

·
Administrator
30,338 Posts
Certainly isn't a buyers market, sellers are making a killing and they will continue until folks say, enough. I have, I'm gonna sit on the sidelines and watch the insanity. Eventually, it will end and level off. Who knows what will happen then but until whatever time that may be, I'm out. Unless I find something reasonable but I have plenty of firearms and reloading components to keep me going and happy for years. Uh, well, one caveat I just thought of and that's SAA's which I admit, they're my weakness. I'll begin searching for the ones I want but only at reasonable prices. Otherwise, the wallet stays in my pants.

Jack

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was at a gun show over the weekend. I saw a few Model 336's and all were well over $800. The sellers didn't seem to be differentiating between the pre-cross bolt safety and cross bolt safety models. If it was made prior to Remington and Ruger, it was worth a premium in their eyes. I had noticed the same pricing strategy when scouring local gun shops about a month ago.

·
Registered
19,321 Posts
If the stores were closed, and I had to go to the bowling alley, Chesterfields cost 23 cents in the cigarette machine. Dad would give me a quarter. Inside the cellophane wrapper, down one of the sides, there were two pennies. I had to wait 'til I was home to get those two cents!

·
Super Moderator
6,796 Posts
If the stores were closed, and I had to go to the bowling alley, Chesterfields cost 23 cents in the cigarette machine. Dad would give me a quarter. Inside the cellophane wrapper, down one of the sides, there were two pennies. I had to wait 'til I was home to get those two cents!
much more simple times

jd

41 - 60 of 60 Posts