Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pomeranian and it gets hard to wash him off in the tub because it cloggs it up and hes a long haired dog.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I put a strainer in the tub where the stopper goes and that solves my problem.Use warm water and a good dog shampoo and after washing him use the oldest towel you have.I also use a large comb that humans use and comb him out after towel drying him while he is still damp.Good luck as this works for me! Vaslugger

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I usually just use a hose and bucket,same as summer. Gotta love the tropics!

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Not sure this would work in the winter for you, but here my Wife uses one of those small plastic kid's pool out back for our Collie. Sits her down in it and goes to work, ha.

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Pomeranian's aren't any bigger than cats and this how to has been around for quite a while...

How to wash a cat
1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
3. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.
4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash and rinse".
6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.
9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Roe

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
When I was a kid (yes I remember that far back)...uhhhh, oh yeah, we had a collie and in the winter my dad would mix some PineSol with water and wipe him down. He had a great white mane and would smell good...although, in today's world we would probably have the SPCA after us...

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
We have a Boston terrier and a Chihuahua both of them get washed in the kitchen sink. Nice not to have to bend over. You can tend to them much easier, sink has a screen in the drain, plus is the rinse sprayer works well for small dogs.

Should work well for your Pomeranian. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Take it for a spin....use the washing machine.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
We have 4 female Labs, all kennel queens. They are pampered pooches, we wash them in the basement tubb. All of them are the best duck, goose, and upland dogs I have ever had. Oh, and they make the best puppies too.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
My Pom mix gets washed in the kitchen sink while the Boxer goes into the bathtub with the hand held shower head. Washing the Pom is no big deal but bathing the Boxer can get a little sporty.
GH1:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts