Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone ever find out what the dog was barking at in the old thread that was at the Marlin board? It got shut down before I heard if anyone ever found out was it was?

Regards, Augustus

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was afraid of that. Maybe someone will enlighten me on what it actually was. I just found this board a few weeks ago, it's nice to have a place to share the Marlin Addiction again!

Regards, Augustus

·
Registered
888 Posts
Forgive my poor manners Sir-- We're glad you found us--hope you'll stay and hang out in the shooters lounge and the campfire(around it--that is) as well--the kitchen is kinda nice too. :wink:

Welll- the last that I remember-- it was really cold---there had been alot more snow and the dog was quiet and the swamp seemed to be too.

{Just back from looking into the subject}
The last posting I found by the owner of the dog was dated back in the beginning of January--- the dog had started barking again towards a field and towards the slough and it was -10 degrees outdoors.

I'm sure somebody will show up soon with more up to date info though--at least I hope so-- I was kinda wondering about it myself. :D

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Augustus,

Now there's a pretty cool name, but I suppose I'm biased as my grandmothers name was Augusta! 8)

Anyhow welcome to the board, hope to hear some good stories from ya.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Rimfire man will have to update us all. Lots of opinions and possibilities as to what evil lurked in that dark and frozen swamp. Now that the weather has started to moderate, perhaps he (rimfire man) might find what it was. My own opinion is that it is a Yeti, probably now in hibernation for the spring and summer. It won't come out again until the snow flies again, or until the prospect of fresh snack appears. Take care rimfire man and let sleeping the sleeping Yeti lie. Just remember that Yetis are carnivorous and can run 42 MPH across frozen ground. I still think that a decoy of some sort to distract the Yeti would be a good idea. Do you have any friends that have not heard about this "thing" in your slough/swamp? Perhaps one of them might be persuaded to go into the area on the pretext of helping find something of value you dropped. You can wait concealed with a clear field of fire in case the Yeti decides your "bait' looks tasty enough to break it's hibernation. :shock:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I couldn't remember who had posted the original thread, thanks Calamity Jane. I plan on hanging around and checking in frequently, I do love my Marlins....and my Garands, and my Swedes.....you kind of get my drift.

Regards, Augustus

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Hello again Augustus! Good to see your posts again. You and Kaintuck need to get together! He has a real love affair ging on with those Swede rifles!

·
Registered
4 Posts
swamp thing

all has been quiet, spring is in the air, dog quiet, the weather finally been warming up, temps up and down , rains then snows, birds are coming back, black birds , ducks and geese are all hanging around the swamp, hope they are all ok........................ time will tell what is going on down there but i will keep u posted................................................. good day.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Rimfire Man,
I'm still betting on Swamp Thing! :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jake Spoon,

you know Mr Mcrae, I named my cat Jame spoon. :D
Only one of the best books ever written in my opinion.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Augustus Mcrae wrote:
I guess we may never know, unless it COMES BACK!!
I don't think it ever really left! I just hope rimfire man goes armed if he goes at all! Yetis are nasty in disposition and have a mighty powerful taste for fresh meat. (or so I've been told by those who should know :shock: ) Pack the heavy stuff when you go to the swamp Rimfire man.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jake Spoon

Antwon,

I would have to agree with you! It's my all time favorite western. We have the video and watch it at least twice a year. I hope your Jake doesn't fall in with some man burning outlaws! I wish my wifes cat would though :wink:

Regards, Augustus

1 - 16 of 16 Posts