Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
either one of those will work...or...just watch the for sale ads here on the forum...they turn up...

Reactions: 45nut

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
here

·
Premium Member
12,154 Posts
For the best rifle at a great price I would say here also. Unless it is local and you have a public meeting place I would not use Armslist. Gunbroker has worked for me but you need to remember to add the shipping and transfer into the price when you are deciding how high to go. Look under the forums and check under the Marlin rifles for sale and you may find one you like.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
The Safest way is on here at Marlin Owners !

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

Reactions: racinjason

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
I like the guys here. Then theres GB & Auction Arms.com, have gotten a couple good deals. Just ask questions and if need be ask for more pics. If they aren't willing to send more pics. or want to answer questions pass. Good luck.
Whatcha lookin fer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the helpful responses.

I'm looking for a JM stamped 336 35 Rem in excellent condition.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
There has been a few nice ones in the recent months on here. Just keep your eye on the "Marlin Only" forum.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
My first and second choices would be here.......and here. My only online experience has actually been Bud's for new only. I've bought two here and been much more comfortable with the situation more quickly than elsewhere. Where else can you study the seller without paying for a background check?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I thought T-Roy had one for sale today....maybe it sold. But a 35Rem has been coming up for sale here almost weekly.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
I thought T-Roy had one for sale today....maybe it sold. But a 35Rem has been coming up for sale here almost weekly.
He had one up for trade but T-Roy is not inflexible when you talk his language. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Get 25 posts, buy here.

I bought mine here!

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
I've bought three rifles from members here (336 in 30-30, 39, 1895 Cowboy)! Good guys to deal with. I don't think the 25 posts requirement applies to buying, but only to listing stuff for sale. If I'm off on that, would a mod please fix this statement! John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guys, thanks so much for the quick responses! I look forward to being part of this forum, including working with members on a possible purchase; thanks again.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I know your question was about buying online, and I agree that this is the best place to do it. You will get an honest deal and a well cared for Marlin. I will say though that in my neck of the woods pawn shops and consignment racks in gun shops are my preference. You can hold it in your hands...plus I generally find pretty good deals. But you have to live somewhere where Marlin 35s are popular. Guess I'm just fortunate:)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had a WAY weird experience with Armslist - not the site, but a seller.

He would not meet at a public place (I suggested a half-way WalMart parking lot). He got really odd about it. I ended my interest quickly.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
The times I bought rifles from people I didn't know, we met at a large Convenience store/Fuel stop that are big in PA. I would only meet people in broad daylight, and told him to park in front of the store, close to the front door. I doubt that a crook would try to stick me up under that circumstance.

If someone won't send additional pictures and/or refuses to meet you in a public place, don't go.

Cheers!

Mike T.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts