Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inquiring minds want to know ;D

Seriously, these are a lot pricier than Oregon Trail Lazercast, but still seem to be really popular. Have you compared results? What do you feel justifies the extra expense?

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
The regular Laser Cast have no gas check which is ok if you don't push them too hard or they will lead the barrel. Also LC limits the sizes you can buy where Beartooth will make a larger size to fit your bore and increase accuracy. If you are comparing a LC to a BT with a gas check then they are really not the same. A gas checked bullet is more expensive. A LC is for the more sedate loads. Well you could push them hard, but I found they will lead. Now they do make the TRU SHOTS with gas checks, but again I think only one size. Beartooths gas checked are a bit cheaper than the tru shot. Check it out.

Beartooth is also a small operation. You might wait up to a month for your order. Ask anyone here who shoots Marshall Stantons BT bullets and they will tell you nothing but good things about his products and Marshall himself. I buy Beartooth bullets for my cast shooters.

Try both and see what your gun likes. Heres an almost apples to apples comparison.

BT Pile Driver JR
425 grains gas checked
$22.50 - 50 + shipping

TRU SHOT
430 grain gas checked
32.25 shipped
If you buy 250-500 like I do then BT is cheaper shiipped in a flat rate box.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bullets are useless without loads and Marshall of Beartooth Bullets is a walking encyclopedia. Also, he and his wife are a joy to order from - they will spend the time to ensure you order the right diameter bullet, use a flat rate box to minimize shipping costs, and pack in reloading literature and even some pocket Bibles if there is room. My last order listed $14 for shipping (I filled the flat rate box with 10 boxes of 50 bullets each - 25lbs or 175,000gr). ;D His website has a wealth of info. Marshall even put together a write-up explaining how to make his new 350gr piledriver lite match the ballistics of the Hornady leverevolution 325gr. See this thread:

http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?p=564440

1 - 3 of 3 Posts