Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. This my first post on the new board since "Talk" went down. I am also known as BrassSlinger. Have seen lots of familiar names... so was going to ask if ya'll have heard anything of what may be coming from Marlin next year? I'm almost scared to ask for the 94C in stainless again for the 3rd year in row, but thats what I'd like to see. Any input? Thanks, James.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They haven't brought out the big talkers from 2004 (1895RL and 1894CB 32mag). So I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in anything they say at the moment. I mean if they can't get out last years why would I think something new will appear. Sorry for the negative answer :!:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I thought some have taken delivery on the .32 Mag 1894CB. Have they decided to run the 1895RL .480 Ruger/475 Linebaugh? I heard rumors at one point they were backing out on that one like Winchester did.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LoveMyMarlin said:
I thought some have taken delivery on the .32 Mag 1894CB. Have they decided to run the 1895RL .480 Ruger/475 Linebaugh? I heard rumors at one point they were backing out on that one like Winchester did.
The 1895RL has been cancelled :evil:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know it won't happen, but I would like to see the Marlin Model 38 .22 pump gun in their lineup. I would also like to see the return of some of their old models of shotguns. Marlin needs to bring back some of their old stuff and give us young guys a chance at owning a piece of history. :D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I would love to see a run of 30-30 Cowboys for those of us that could not find them when in production.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats new?

Just read the post on the 05 catalog from Marlin. Once again no ss357..... I really cant believe it! I guess I will settle for a blue one or a Puma ss. James

·
Registered
455 Posts
EVERYTHING IN SS -- AND .480 ??

--- I hope they produce the whole 1894 lineup in Stainless -- These are Outdoor rifles , and it would fit right in to their major useage .

And , hell , if they have pressure problems with the .475 in 1895 , -- how about a straight .480 Ruger , -- in an 1894 , -- OR , 1895 , for that matter .

--- Nose To The Trail ------ MMCOUGAR .

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Stainless 39A.........In a half of a heartbeat!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would like to see any new Rifles. Thats what Marlin makes.
I know from someone at Marlin that worked on the 480 Ruger that it's not going to happen. I also heard they will have Shotguns*%##^& that they are not building. Gess I will save money this year.
I would have payed for almost any new RIFLE.
Welcome back >>> Tombstone

·
Registered
308 Posts
Do you think Marlin will get the web site updated this year I sent for a catalog weeks ago haven't got it yet sent for a Browning catalog same time got it. not much good. 2004

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Marlin catalog

Supposedly, the catalog has been seen in gun stores...... according to another post. The web site says its being updated, (the site). I really want to see the 32-20 cl. I hope its noncheckered. James.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got a new catalog and the 1894CL is checkered. Also a somewhat strange mag tube that extends a few inches beyond the forend cap, but is not as long as on other 1894s. It appears to be secured to the barrel with a little lug.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why o' why didn't they make it a full magazine??

Cowboy shooters would have lapped it up.Geez Marlin are their own worst enemy. :roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Skookumchuk said:
I've got a new catalog and the 1894CL is checkered. Also a somewhat strange mag tube that extends a few inches beyond the forend cap, but is not as long as on other 1894s. It appears to be secured to the barrel with a little lug.
Well if they actually produce it I will have to have one of these even thou I bought an 1894CCL in 32-20 last year :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't seen an 1894CL in a gun shop, but the catalog illustration makes the mag tube appear different than the shorter mag tube on the 1895. There seems to be more distance between the mag tube and barrel. Gotta see one in person . . .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also if you check the catalog or the web page it says the 1894CL in 32-20 will have a micro-groove barrel :? I ain't to happy about that , but if they actually make it I can live with it :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
While everyone is posting wants.. I want a .35 in stainless. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts