Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a guy selling a 100 year anniversary 336 in 35 rem. It need the stock refinished but is otherwise in great shape. He is asking $300. I have no interet in owning it, but what would it be worth if I refinished the wood and flipped it?

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Hard to say but if your labor is free and the refinish materials aren't too expensive you could definitely make a profit for your effort. Quite a lot of people here would grab that rifle at that price, leave it as is, and use the heck out of it.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
You should buy it for the $300! It's worth more than that without doing anything to it, and will only continue to appreciate in value. IT IS MONEY IN THE BANK, EARNING MORE THAN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT, MM, CDs...! Hurry before it's gone!:driver:

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Every walnut 336C made that year had the anniversary medallion in the stock, so it doesn't really add to the value. Fixed up nice it will fetch more than you paid for it by about 100 bucks.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Central; I've got 5 336's in 35 Rem. and I would still rescue that one and shoot it. Winters coming and it sounds like a nice project.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts