Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this rifle for two years with virtually no issues.

Today I was showing it to a new shooter, removed the tube, and then when I went to put the tube back in, the pin will not meet up with the hole so I can't get it all the way in.

A description of what I see, starting at the muzzle end is the knurled piece that you grab, push, and twist to disengage the pin from the path in the outer tube. next to the knurled piece is an approximately 3/8" long black color, then there is 3/8" of brass tube followed finally by the pin that fits into the path cut in the outer tube.

Now, it appears that the smooth black piece is resting directly against the black outer tube. So I am confident this is not an inner spring issue or bent tube, this black collar is clearly the interfering culprit. But why?

I note that there is approx 1/16" gap between the collar and the knurled piece. Is that supposed to be there? I will try to upload a photo next.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it. The black outer tube was contacting that smooth collar and it is supposed to slip underneath it. I gave it a slight pinch with my leatherman pliers and it is working fine now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts