Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on another gun forum. The only picture in the ad does not show much detail but there are no blemishes visual in the photo. The wood looks to be in good shape but is far from the best grain I’ve seen.. It has what looks like a Weaver style rail on the receiver. Where does this price fit in the price range for this model?

“For Sale or Trade I have a 22 Magnum, Marlin 1894M .22 Mag Lever Action, uncheckered straight hand grip stock and forearm, tubular magazine feed under the barrel. 98% or more bluing, very good condition.

This Marlin 1894M .22 Magnum is rare, only 12,000 made, discontinued in 1989. I’ve only seen a few on the Gun Auction sites. $750.00 shipped or will consider trade offers.”

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Really, that's at the low end. I've seen them going from $700 - $1200. That's why I haven't bought one.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The 3 that I have seen for sale have all been in the $750 to $850.00 range,

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
In today's market?

They are worth what a person is willing to pay for it.

Jon

That looks like a pretty good price, by the way.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just saw that ad on the other site. Looks really nice. I don't really need a 22mag, but I still thought seriously about buying it.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I bought one for the b-in-l a couple of years back, was $450. With the recent dollar shrinkage, I hate to say it, but $750 is fairly attractive. Downside is that the action is scaled for .44 Mag-sized cartridges, not .22 Mag. It uses the same mounts as the 1894, so a Weaver rail would be pretty standard, not a .22 dovetail. The b-in-l's has some draggy-action functioning problems I haven't had time to fix, I think its probably because of the bullet feed ramp at the top, ala model 39. Adds a bit of effort right at the end of the closing stroke. When it shoots, it's accurate enough. It's kind of interesting what they did to the 1894 action to get it to feed that skinny round through it, not sure it'd be better than say a 9422M as a shooter. If you ever need parts, good luck, Numrich is out on a lot of them. Not much interchanges with the centerfire models.

Stan S.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies and thanks stans4 for the insight. I figured that was probably market price and it’s way more than I want to pay for a 22 mag. My $200 883 shoots just fine.

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts