Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to hear what reloading componets you recieved, and when you ordered them.
This is to give everyone some information as to what's being shipped and how long it took.
Something like....

Recieved large rifle primers today, ordered 9 weeks ago.
Recieved 1 lb of Imr 4831 today, ordered 7 weeks ago.
Ect
Ect

Again, this is to be informative for those patiently waiting !
Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
32,810 Posts
Placed a order for some 9mm 147 gr bullets. 9 to 12 weeks before I get them
Placed a second order with a different company for 124 gr 9mm bullets. 8 to 9 weeks wait time.
Placed a order for a 9mm pistol, in stock! Seven more days and I have waited a month for a 9mm pistol in stock!

ca'jun56

Reactions: Maineiac

·
Super Moderator
5,352 Posts
A couple of days ago I picked up a couple pounds of pistol powder ($31 each) ... I don't need it right now, but it's trade fodder for the (apparently) near future. Last week when I was in for a visit there were 50-60 one pound cans, many of which I know for a fact have been sitting on various shelves for several months. When I walked out with my two one pounders I think I left 11 more on a single shelf.

jd

·
Registered
969 Posts
here we can't keep over a limited quantity of ready ammo and powder...ok _
six months to have some new L. molds and another Lee, this time the 4-20 melter.
not that I needed it, my first little Lee still works fine after 20 years, but the lockdown teaches something.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I got some 45/70 brass from Starline last week, it was on backorder for probably 3 weeks.

I got a bunch of 30/30 brass and bullets from Cabelas, since they had it in stock it took less than a week.

I have had some 30/30 and 45/70 bullets on back order at Midway for a couple of months now.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Was able to order 2lbs. of H110 from Midway (they had some in stock & I just happened to see it before they sold out) arrived Friday after less than a week shipping time.

Also got some 158 gr. Speer .357 Lead RM bullets from Midway when they notified me it was in stock.

Ordered 500 pcs. of .38 spl brass & 500 pcs .38 Spl +P brass direct from Starline.
Placed the order Jan 31st. Expecting a shipment from them this Tuesday or Wednesday - not sure if it's everything or just half. Either way it's faster than I expected!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I actually found a box of Remington 150 grain Core-Lokt 35 Remington ammo on the shelf at a LGS and scored two boxes of Hornady 35 Rem FTX bullets and a box of 35 Rem Hornady brass at a local Ace Hardware. To top it off, my 336 in 35 Remington arrived yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
24,763 Posts
Got 500 124 gr HP 9mm bullets last week from Everglades Ammo, took about a week to get to the mailbox. I also got 100 450 BM 245 gr Hornady Interlock SP bullets last week from MidwayUSA--again took about a week to get to the mailbox.

Reactions: rob42049

·
Registered
16,152 Posts
On 3 January I ordered .452" full wadcutters for carry when I go into town. Rimrock Bullets in Montana had them in stock. Mail carrier weenied out and wouldn't come up my road on Thursday the 4th of Feb. At the Main Post Office on Friday the 5th. Exactly four weeks.
Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 11.19.54 AM.png

Two weeks ago I ordered a bag of 50 NOS Frontier/Hornady .303 British primed brass cases on gunbroker.com from a private individual in Java, Virginia. Paid with my debit card on Thursday, and the pkg was in my mailbox Monday, Smallest box Priority Mail, cost $7.90, worth every penny.
Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 8.05.52 AM.png

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I have been fortunate enough to keep finding 9mm and 45 acp ACME coated cast bullets on the shelf along with TightGroup in my travels. Have had a 8 pounder of Varget on order with small pistol and small rifle primers since before Christmas.

Have seen limited amount of 9mm ammo on the shelf in the last 10 months. I will not pay $18 for a box of 50 that is bulk ammo. I could buy this stuff for under $7 a year ago. Same with primers, I will not pay over $50 for 1000.

·
Registered
490 Posts
As I am now powder coating my cast bullets.....buying new sizing dies for all of my cast calibers. These will use my reloading press which has far greater leverage force to push the bullets through the sizing die! May be in the market for a few more bullet molds! memtb

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Stumbled across a fella wanting to part with 35 Rem bullets and brass. 500 200 gr Hornady's and 50 new Remington brass
"Should" be here this week.

RP

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Where do you order from that lets you order items that are on backorder? I’d love to place an order even if it wouldn’t be shipped for 12 weeks.
Midway ---if you click on NOTIFY ME they do get in touch when the stuff comes in, but you have to respond right away. I've been pretty lucky with them.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Received 200 9mm Sierra 125 grain JHP's from Midway USA - because they became available!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Scored 200 Beartooth bullets on Gunbroker Last week. 200 grain FNGC for the 357 magnum. Going to try them in the B92 and the 1894 Marlin. They cost me 32 cents each but had them in hand in a few days.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts