Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had $2,000 to spend on a gun (or guns) what would you buy? I'm talking collectable guns, not new guns.

·
Registered
148 Posts
An original Sharps 1874 in any powder charge of the .45 caliber.

·
Registered
243 Posts
A Savage 99 take down with 250-3000 & 300 Savage barrels.
( if I had $2000 in hideout money )
jim.e

G

·
I know of one dealer with a pair of 1893's. 32-40 and 38-55 rifles at $850 each . I'd offer him $1500 for the pair . If he took it I would take the remaining $500 and go to another dealer I know who just happens to have an 1893 rifle in 25-36 for $700 and offer him $600 if he took it $500 in cash $100 on plastic. Then I would have to find brass and dies for the 25-36 ( already have for the other two). Of course there's always a particuler 1895 Marlin in 38-56 on Guns America for $1600 that I could get if the other deal fell through :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'd look for a 1894 CL in 25-20- duno how much of a collector that is- just know they are no longer made. Should have enough money left over from that to pick up a WRACO 52 for a project rifle.... turn down a standard 52 into a sporting- I'd hafta find some extra cough for a new stock for it.....and probly a new trigger.... ahhh yes- daydreams!

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I would purchase a Smith and Wesson 29-2 44 mag 4 inch nickel revolver and a Smith and Wesson 25-5 45 Colt 4 inch nickel revolver (have only seen 2 but never one for sale in 30 years of looking).

Option 2- would be a NEW Winchester 70 in 404 Jeffery---- I would still call it a collector gun, because I bet there will be very, very few made. But I do not know if you could get it for $2000.00--- List is about $3000.00

G

·
buckeyeshooter said:
Option 2- would be a NEW Winchester 70 in 404 Jeffery---- I would still call it a collector gun, because I bet there will be very, very few made. But I do not know if you could get it for $2000.00--- List is about $3000.00
They're making the model 70 in 404 this year ?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
knight0334 said:
An original Sharps 1874 in any powder charge of the .45 caliber.
Tell me where they are! I've never seen one under $3,000 for anything shootable! :lol: :cry:

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I'd get the best Marlin 1936 in 32 Special with the 24" barrel & Marbles tang sight that I could find for the money. Use what's left over for reloading supplies for it.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Oh, where to start? A couple pre-war 16ga Marlin shotguns for starters. Then a Type I (WWII jap rifle made in Italy). Then a gaggle of ca. 1900 Steyrs. There's quite a bit left, so I better get Mrs Hogger something to maintain peace & domestic tranquility. (more is better! :wink: ) Oh, then an AOI marked Vetterli. Hmmm... I still have some $ left over, so I better go price a new safe!! :D SW

·
Registered
719 Posts
$2000..........

I would buy my wife that new sofa she wants, then take her out for dinner at one of the nicest resturants....then give her the rest of the cash left over for her to buy whatever she wanted!
:roll:

hehehehee.......

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Well, SOMEONE has turned over a new leaf!! :wink: No Vett mit der Schutzen butt und DST? Und mit der fotograf of young fraulein (B :p ) taped to butt fur der motivation? Ach, mein friend, you are better man than am I ! :D SW

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know Kaintuck is going to show his wife that post, and hope he gets brownie points for his reply! She's on to you Kaintuck, and no hokey reply about sofas and dinner is gonna convince her. She knows you too well! :lol:

·
Registered
719 Posts
hahahahaaaaaa

Heck, i hurt my back making her a guestroom bed, that has gotten me alotta miles!.......won't have to mow the grass one last time etc etc! :lol:
all i CAN do is reload at bob's and shoot at the range for awhile! :wink:
but i really don't have to worry about the sofa thing.....everytime she starts talking about a nice leather couch set, i just point to the kat and say, SHE sure would like a new sofa to sharpen her claws on.......and that's it. :D

ps....think we'll get to see more of these girls?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I like the hehehehehheee!

But were gonna have to agree that kaintuck
isn't allowed to spend any more money.

Say would that give me four grand....?

that might let me find a 1895 carbine? 200mfg.

with just the two I would go after a nice 1893 .38-55 src
or a 1895 .45-70 or 90 that someone was willing to let go for nothing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts