Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine would be a 21" barreled with a 2/3rds mag with dark cherrywood lumber still with a pistol grip and factory big loop...in 41mag or even better 480 Ruger...with color case reciever and the loading gate/ bolt and barrel, mag tube and lever in a satin black chrome for weather resistance....or just a satin darker grey nickel all over....oh..and have it made in New Haven again...just dreaming of course ;)

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Never thought about it!

But the same thing as you but in .45 Colt and with a shotgun-cut buttstock.

Jon

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine would be an 1894C, no checkering, chambered for .41 Rem. Mag. and would feed and chamber any .41 mag cartridge I put in it.

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
357 Maximum, or 500 S&W Special, 2/3 mag tube, nice wood, no checkering. Simple, eh? 8)

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Papajohn, Get one in both calibers and I'll take either off your hands!

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
papajohn said:
357 Maximum, or 500 S&W Special, 2/3 mag tube, nice wood, no checkering. Simple, eh? 8)
Good lord PJ, at what weight projectile and what would you expect its speed to exit that .500 beast? And whats is everyones problem with the Marlin checkering, I like it 8) Must be an old persons' problem ;D

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Mine would be "The Marlin Limited" that just sold on GB in 45LC if it was factory ported like the 1894P. What a sweet looking gun. This one however was just out of my price range. :eek:

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
What would be my dream custom 1894! "In my hands" and mine. ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
18,026 Posts
.DIRTY-.THIRTY said:
Good lord PJ, at what weight projectile and what would you expect its speed to exit that .500 beast? And whats is everyones problem with the Marlin checkering, I like it 8) Must be an old persons' problem ;D
I'd be happy with a 325-grain slug at 1500 fps or so.

And yes. We're old. And set in our ways. And we know what we like. It's all based on decades of experience you wouldn't understand. So shut up or be prepared to take one in the shins from my cane, you young whippersnapper! ;)

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I'll keep mine realistic.

1894 Century Limited with slim slick fancy walnut, but in 357 Magnum with a Marbles tang sight and the action tuning of a Cowboy Competition.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
PJ quit beating around the bush and go get you a pre saftey Marlin in .45/70 and shoot her with a 350 grain on top of a quarter of a case full of your favorite pistol poison. I would much prefer the 1895 design to the 1894, but i'm not yet old and set in my ways :p

My dream 1894 would be a pistol gripped walnut stocks checkered :p , with a 22" Octagon barrel and chambered for the .38-40 round. A big loop to aid in shooting with gloves on, case coloring, and peep sights cause young fellers don't need no scope ;D .DT

·
Registered
450 Posts
22" half octagon barrel with a wedding ring transition, tapered light for the round part. Dovetailed front sight, no ramp. Sourdough front blade. Cased receiver, bolt, "S" carbine butt, nose cape, lever, and hammer. Straight grip, button mag (about 1/2" beyond the nose cap), Original Marbles tang, no dovetail for rear barrel sight. Stocked in AAA American walnut with crotch grain covering most of the butt, dark mahogany stain, London oil finished, NO BLOODY CHECKERING! And chambered in 41 mag. In many ways duplicating my original 38/40.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I almost forgot to mention..I want my gun to be a take-down model...and come with a companion Ruger SBH..also with dark cherry colored grips..case-hardened flat top frame and satin blue 5" barrel w/ adj. sights.....I really need to wake up now

Reactions: gunrunner

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think my 1894 CB in .357 is just about the perfect rifle for my needs( a ranch gun) but i'd love one in .22mag.

·
Registered
275 Posts
1894 saddle ring carbine in .32-20 or .25-20. 18" round barrel, blue saddle ring, straightgrip stock with semi-crescent metal carbine buttplate, no checkering, semi-fat forearm with barrel band, bead front sight with brass ball, flat-top rear sight, and the front barrel band located in front of the bead sight.

The saddle ring could be removed to install a crossbolt safety at the buyer's discretion. :D

Cedar Creek

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
I'll make mine simple, not terribly fancy as I will feel bad enough when I put a scratch in it. A 45 Colt, with a 1:20 twist rate that slugs at .4505 to be a match for my Blackhawk 45 Colt which also slugs at .4505. Hey wait a minute, I already have one of those! OMG, could it be Marlinitus is cured?? Naw... :D ;D ;D ;D

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
151 Posts
This is tough, but I want a 1894 chambered in 44 special with a 16" barrel that's a takedown model. Don't care if its blue or stainless, walnut or laminate, but I want it to weigh less that 6 pounds. This would be the perfect companion to my 4.75" Colt SAA in 44 spl. I just know that I own a 39tds just about like this and I love that gun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like the 1894CL Look and features but in .357. I would also like a steel shotgun buttplate. I have a steel checkered buttplate from a Rem 513T that is a close fit to a 94 but slightly curved that I may try to fit on a stock for mine. I also really like the older dovetail front post without the ramp much better. I also want Ballard Rifling.
Keith

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
22" Octagon barreled 357 Mag with 18" tube. Stainless but sand blasted so it has a dull finish. I would add MPI stocks with a pistol grip and DRC lever. XS sight rail on top with a fire sight up front. May put a scope up there but don't know for sure, may just use it to see what shoots the best. I would have the action cleaned up CAS style and put in a WWG trigger and ejector. That should do.

micky

·
Registered
622 Posts
20" CB (the one on the left) with pistol grip and tang site in 357 mag.

Oh wait it is mine already. :)

I would like a little prettier wood with a curved steel butplate. That will happen but Iwant to find just the right peice of wood. Don't want it too pretty but at least unusual like the maybe the screw bean mesquite stock without the holes.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts