Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken a punt and having a gun delivered to local gun shop tomorrow, selling shop some way away does not do internet or email so not able to show me pictures.

He described gun as Marlin 1892 .22 in great condition he thought was from 1970s??

He says defiantly marked as 1892 and was surprised when I told him serial number dated it to around 1901.

He will give me refund minus shipping if not as described or not working.

Looking forward to see what I get :)

1)Could be great little gun
2)Only good as a boat anchor
3) or even a 1970s 39m as serial number could match that I think

Reactions: gunscrewguy

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well the last time I bought one without good picks thought it was a Mountie turned out to be a Mountie buttstock, 1892 receiver mated to a full length 39a barrel.

·
Premium Member
14,157 Posts
Well if the price isn't to bad, hopefully it will make a good shooter at least.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Always loved blind dates, won more than lost.
Did you pay a 92 or 39 price ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Some times you just have to take a leap of faith and trust your gut. I hope it works out for you. I have done that a few times my self only and got burned once. But that wasn't that bad either.

·
Premium Member
14,157 Posts
I got this one as a blind date. uploadfromtaptalk1400626290621.jpg
I think it worked out pretty good.;)

·
Premium Member
14,157 Posts
What a piece of crap. Let me take it off of your hands and dispose of it for you! That old redfield wideview is junk too. ;)
Pay the shipping, and it is yours.

Of course shipping will cost you, oh, say, $2500.;)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
timtriple is the seller in England like you or the States ?, the reason I ask, I'm just curious about what the US/England shipping charge would be to you if the seller were in the states and would getting permission to import into England be a paperwork nightmare in getting approval. Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,157 Posts
I bought it from Cabela's, back not long after I joined this sight.
It was also before they had pictures up, for everything that they have in there libary. All it said was Marlin 35 Rem A, with checked stock. So I called this out of states store, and he said it looked real nice, almost like new. But said A, not ADL. I took a chance that Marlin, ran out of ADL barrels that day, and had him ship it up to me.
When I saw it, I couldn't get the $600, out of my pocket quick enough. Everything matches, including the XX on the wood and frame, for the grade wood. But the barrel say A. Just like it is possible to find an A, that say ADL, and they will try to sell it to you as one. Oh, it's a 1960, and it came with the 2x7 Redfield Wideview scope. So bonus!!:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a perfect 1892! Cycles fires good, wood work excellent, blueing good, bore shiny! Dead chuffed £320 + £15 shipping.
In UK if we do not collect gun in person it can be sent by courier from one Registered Firearms Dealer (RFD) to another (local one)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
20140521_180249.jpg On closer look serial number on stock does not match one on reciever but still very pleased, down the range tommorrow to se how she shoots

Reactions: erimort

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Great deal on that one!!

And holy amazing Schtoolee!!!

Reactions: Schtoolee

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
That is a very nice looking rifle. I would not shoot any high velocity ammo out of it or there may be damage to the receiver, bolt etc. Remember H.V ..22 rimfires were not made until about 1931.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts