Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a gun show this morning and swapped a 336W 30-30 for a '78 336, also in 30-30. It had a short bbl, bout 16", all it had on the barrel was 336, no letter like RC or anything. At first I thought it was a Marauder, but it had a pistol grip stock. Another fellar came along and wanted it worse than I did, so I got a Glenfield 30 Golden 50 in 30-30 that's in near excellent condition, and some money to boot. What did I own for 3 or 4 hours?? :hmmmm:

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Sounds like it was a 336c that someone had cut down to 16" if I'm wrong someone will come along to correct me but that is what it sounds like to me!!!

Reactions: h d hawgr

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could have been a cut down, but I will say if it was whoever cut it back did a awful good job of it, looked like a factory crown on the muzzle. I had a couple books with me and tried to find it but didn't find anything. Then thought it might be a youth model with a full size stock added, but it didn't say 336 Y. Purty cool lookin whatever it was, and would make a heck of a brush country gun. The buddy with the guy that traded for it said the bore looked like it had been shot with black powder loads, maybe in Cowboy Action type shoots. I looked at it again, and kinda think he may have been right, it had good micro groove riflings, but it was kinda rough. Oh well, I really like the looks of the Glenfield 30 he traded to me, that 2/3 magazine is a neat look to me. Thanks for the replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.