Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to fill a void in my Marlin collection. I own a Model 60, 880SS and XL7. A 336 in .30-30 needs to join the crowd. I know there are a ton of different variations of the 336 out there. What are some of the better ones and are there any I need to avoid? Am I better off buying a new one? Are the older ones better built? Any and all opinions are welcome!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What seems to be the issue with the newer ones now that Remington has the con?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
glockmeister said:
HerkyBird, welcome to MO!! From your screen name I would guess you have something to do with C-130's. Any model of 336 is good, just depends what tickles your fancy, long/short barrel, pistol grip/straight grip or blued versus stainless steel. You have a lot of choices to make. Just take your time, all Marlins are great, pick one You like!!. Take care, John.
You guessed it. I flew 130s for 3 years at Dobbins ARB in Ga. Now I'm flying T-6s.

I think I'm going to be looking for something with a shorter barrel. I would prefer a straight stock, but pistol grip is ok. Definitely no checkering and I'd love to have something in stainless, but it's not a must. I wouldn't mind refinishing the stock. I've done a couple (an M1 and a Mosin M44). I really enjoyed it and love the way they both turned out. One of the Texans would be nice, but they seem hard to come by. Guess I'll just have to keep my eyes open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.