Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at work today and noticed that we are discontinuing a lot if not all the MArlins in our store. One in particular has me all spun up. Since this is the 1894 board, you guessed it it's a 1894. I could put this thing on layaway for a couple of months if not longer as an employee and the discounted price is only $7 more than the employee price. I am certain all of you are going to tell me to buy it, but the little bit of cash I have saved up was going to go to a shotgun or another CZ or even a 1911(need more $$), but this is starting to look like a don't pass deal. Man I hate desicions like this. I really would like a 1894P, but I am looking at this as a potential project customizable gun too. Not sure I like the pistol grip either as I am used to the striagt grip of my 1895G. It would also give me some use for the 44 Mag dies and conversions kits i bought. I'm never gonna get he shot gun or th other handguns, I'm addicted to rifles.

All thoughts welcome but not necessarily appreciated. :wink:

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Dave, I just discovered that Ebay can afford me more guns. It's really not hard to sign up and get started. Finding things to sell is not that hard also. Start but looking at thing around the house that havn't been used in 6 months( no body parts!). I had a bunch of boat stuff that netted me $1400 that I didn't know I had! I told my pal and the next day someone asked him to run some stuff to the dump. There was a box of old dolls that he's been selling now for a week. Folks out there will buy anything. You have to ready to ship. And I don't like the paypal sys. so I don't use it. Money orders or cash.
Look aruond , get in, and start buying guns!
I 've not seen a 94 w/ a pistol grip. Send us a pic! :D
cw

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They used to look like this as well last year. The one pictured is a 1894PG in .41, but the .357 and 44 Mag came this way as well.

As to e-Bay I have a bunch of music amps and gear that I want to sell, but I haven't had the time to devote to writting out the descriptions. I told my sister she could list it for me(help save time and learning curve) and I'd give her a listing fee. I could buy a couple of guns with the proceeds for sure. The main point of my question was do I put off the other listed guns and go for this target of opportunity or wait it out and hope for a 1894P down the road and pick up the other desired guns? I know I'm runnibg out of time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dave,
If it's what you really want either buy it outright, or at least go for the layaway plan. It's not going to get any cheaper than that. Since they're discontinueing Marlins in your store, this is your last opportunity to get a new out-of-the-box one at a good price.

Just my $0.02 worth as a very satisfied 1894CP owner. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thnaks guys after this thread started anx I got to thinking about a couple of comments I decide that 1. I really prefer the 1894P. 2. I had forgotten that nearly all the 1894s are straight grip which is waht I prefer as well. 3. Our store is most likely blowing out old models and bringing in new. We sell enough Marlins throughout the year that I can't imagine them discontinued permanently. Alos I may just have to go for that 1894SS and have work done to it to resemble the 1894P if it came stainless. Thanks for the thoughts.

G

·
Seaweaver -- I do a lot of ebay business too and I hate the paypal fees, but I guarantee you that you will get more bids if you accept it. I recently sold a Lee Enfield Scope base and Rings for a #4, Mark 2 rifle for $72.99 that I had hoped to get five dollars for on Ebay. I did not know how much it was worth as it came with a gun I bought for $110.00. Selling overseas is easy too with Paypal and shipping to Europe and Australia is simple enough with the www.usps.com site to go to for determining postage. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Seaweaver -- I do a lot of ebay business too and I hate the paypal fees, but I guarantee you that you will get more bids if you accept it. I recently sold a Lee Enfield Scope base and Rings for a #4, Mark 2 rifle for $72.99 that I had hoped to get five dollars for on Ebay. I did not know how much it was worth as it came with a gun I bought for $110.00. Selling overseas is easy too with Paypal and shipping to Europe and Australia is simple enough with the www.usps.com site to go to for determining postage. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Dave I don't want to run your thread off track :oops:
But Outlander2 , I am covertly accepting othe typs of payment... part of my " all American funds accepted including Marlin Levers " :wink:
Dave if you have tube amps you should get a good returns on them. Good gituarist will recognize the good stuff so your discriptions can be short. It took me 10 minutes to set up, take a pic and get my first sale underway. That first sale was extreamly impowering :twisted:
That pistol grip might not feel bad in a light rifle. I fell in love w/ the staight grip on my GG and have had my eyes tuned for it on the last two purchases
44/357. Hey is that a recoil pad??? :roll: Whats that all about :lol:
cw

1 - 8 of 8 Posts