Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my reloading bench this morning when a mate of mine dropped by. Normally I close up shop when this happens, but this bloke is a keen reloader himself. He stayed with me whilst I reloaded, when we were finished, he said to me, "what part of this do you hate, I don't like priming. I expect one to go off when I do it". I thought about this and thought, then said to him, "well I enjoy the whole setup."
After he left I began to think, well maybe I am not too fond of case lubing as this can be a real pain.
So my friends does anyone here have some portion of reloading that they dislike? Or "All or Nothing to Dislike".
I would like to hear what annoys you.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
moofy07 for me it is prep work. The trimming, aneiling followed closely by cleaning the tumbling medium out of the cases ???
The rest is great fun especially removing the bullets from the cases with a twitch of the finger :)

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
I'm with me. I don't anneal, yet, but the case prep is a drag. The rest is extremely enjoyable, relaxing, etc.

Okay, sometimes I actually enjoy case trimming, too.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
FINISHING! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
I hate weighing powder.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Running out of components. ;) ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Waiting for the brass to become clean and polished in the tumbler. I need to rig up a timer and put the brass in when I am ready for bed so I can sleep and have the comfort of knowing the brass will only tumble for the alotted time and the tumbler will automatically turn off.

·
Premium Member
2,018 Posts
The one part that I don’t like is getting the tumbling media out of the cases. Especially when it is 22-250 cases. The rest is just a challenge and relaxing to me.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Nightfisher said:
The one part that I don’t like is getting the tumbling media out of the cases. Especially when it is 22-250 cases. The rest is just a challenge and relaxing to me.
Yeah it is an under the fingernails thing :D

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
I don't have a problem with regular reloading chores... weighing powder (when I don't use the dump,) sorting brass, even my thumb-busting Lee primer.

I just HATE trimming cases.... :p :p :p And, as much as I hate trimming cases, you would think I would spring for one of the powered case trimmers that's available... but I hate spending money on something I will use very little... ;D

·
Premium Member
12,568 Posts
Trimming cases, always a drag. And belling the mouth of straight walled cases.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
lever addict said:
Case prep! Something no one takes into consideration when they say they load 300 per hour!
That's because prep is mundane work. Reloading Is the pursuit of happiness you know ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
sizing and depriming small cases like .9mm !

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't mind any case prep except chamfering and deburring. I'd rather...well, insert your own private hell here...than chamfer and deburr.

I finally bought one of those heads for my Trim Pro that trims, chamfers and deburrs all in one step. Best money I ever spent, wish I had done it sooner.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts