Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was originally looking for a Marlin Lever gun in .44 caliber when I ran across this one in a pawn shop.
It's a Marlin 336 30/30 with the straight stock. Didn't write down the serial number... but what years would this have been made? Doesn't have the safety so I know it's older. But from the photo can anyone give a date range? Also, I assume this would be what they call the Texan model? Thanks,

Firearm Gun Trigger Shotgun Air gun
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
That is a Texan and they were made between 1952 and onward into the late 1980s. Since this rifle doesn't have the CBS--it was probably made before 1983.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I was originally looking for a Marlin Lever gun in .44 caliber when I ran across this one in a pawn shop.
It's a Marlin 336 30/30 with the straight stock. Didn't write down the serial number... but what years would this have been made? Doesn't have the safety so I know it's older. But from the photo can anyone give a date range? Also, I assume this would be what they call the Texan model? Thanks,

View attachment 727296 View attachment 727298

And it having the square lever an the newer sight hood, I would say made after 1973, and before 1983

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
That is a really nice one. I hope you own it by now.

·
Registered
19,713 Posts
+5. You'd better go buy that rifle. You'll find a .44 later on,they're much easier to come by. That Texan is a nice piece,and somewhat rare. Great condition,too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wish I still had it.... I sold it a few years back when they got crazy expensive. Owned it for a lot of years and now miss it. It was a '68 RS, 4 speed, 327, Coronado Maroon color, factory console. Loved the hide-away headlights.

While we're waiting on pic's of the new rifle how bout a couple shots of the 68 rs camaro with the 327. Years back I had a 67, 327...275 hp, blue with white vinyl top, added tic toc tach and console gauges.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Yeah me too on the headlights. Just after I got it restored for the wife at that time she was pulling out of parking lot at work and got the right front fender caught on a pipe style bumper on the back of a truck and ripped fender and headlight assembly out. Found a guy that had 2 nos fenders I bought and repaired it. Oh well. How about that rifle, what you plan to do on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I plan on going back to get it this Saturday... hope it's still there.
I also found a Marlin 1895 .44 caliber made in 1971. It looks new, the guys asking $600 for it. I am debating on which one to get, but I'm leaning toward the Texan. I think $600 if full price on the 1895 and the Texan at $400 is a better deal.

Yeah me too on the headlights. Just after I got it restored for the wife at that time she was pulling out of parking lot at work and got the right front fender caught on a pipe style bumper on the back of a truck and ripped fender and headlight assembly out. Found a guy that had 2 nos fenders I bought and repaired it. Oh well. How about that rifle, what you plan to do on it.

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
Very nice Texan !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.