Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Each Rifle I bought was my favorite until the next came along. Right now it's the Marlin 35Rem.XLR. Reason is I'm a 35 cal. fan I have and reload for 358. Win., 356 Win. and 35 Rem... But if your buddies call you up late Friday night and say "Hey we're going hunting in the morning for the weekend" and you're out or only have a few rounds you can always stop at a LGS along the way and pick up a box of 35 rem.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
Tough choice, but I have to go with my only .35 Remington. It's a 336SD made in 1958. LGS told me it belonged to a Marlin employee and was a special order. No way to confirm that I guess. It is a fantastic shooter and looks like it was made yesterday.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I'm like Swany, as even though I have a lot of Marlins to choose from, the little '53 39A is what I enjoy shooting the most.
However, the recently acquired nickel plated 1897 when I get a peep sight on it, may give it a run for the money.
53-39A.jpg
97-8.jpg

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm like Swany, as even though I have a lot of Marlins to choose from, the little '53 39A is what I enjoy shooting the most.
However, the recently acquired nickel plated 1897 when I get a peep sight on it, may give it a run for the money.
View attachment 834346 View attachment 834348
Are you going to nickel plate the sight?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sentimentally, it would have to be my first one I purchased in 1970. A 99C centennial model, mint with only about 50 rounds through it. All my Marlins are only 22's and I love each and every one. It's like asking which of your children do you like the most.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Are you going to nickel plate the sight?

I'll probably try wire brushing it down & clear coating it as I am afraid that plating it might screw up the tight tolerances.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'll probably try wire brushing it down & clear coating it as I am afraid that plating it might screw up the tight tolerances.
I was just kidding about it, but it should look good clean and clear coated. I would leave the eyepiece black.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Difficult choice but currently my 1897cowboy made in 1999, superb condtion, looks great shoots great and they only made then for a few years. Got mine in September for $400

·
Registered
9,721 Posts
Some great Marlin examples here. Keep them coming.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts