Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,230 Posts
Pretty tough to pick just one Marlin rifle. Instead, I will put up a pic of my Marlin Mod 375 which took down a whitetail early last month. The 375 Win cartridge hits very hard...............

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I don’t, but I don’t compare my guns to my kids either. Guns id sell in a heartbeat. Not even on the same level

·
Registered
152 Posts
My "collection" has dwindled a good bit the last two years. Down from a high of about 13?, to only 4 now: 1895G, .444P, 336ER, Marlin .375

Less than two years ago I owned two 336ERs and four Marlin .375s. Seems like word of mouth spreads quickly among Marlin fans. I had lots of calls after selling one! LOL...

My favorite is the 336ER I still have that I bought new in 84 or 85. I've killed the most game with the 3 .444s I've owned.

0131130821a[1].jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Most of the time it's hard to pick a favorite. But, because of sentimental purposes, it has to be my 1969 model 336 in 35 Remington. It belonged to my dad, was the first centerfire rifle I learned to shoot, and also the first I hunted with. That was 30 years ago. I lost my dad last February and to honor his memory, got that old rifle out this last deer season and hunted with it quite a few times.

·
Registered
103 Posts
All are favorites. If not I would have sold them. Do you favor one of your children over the others?
Of all my "children", without a doubt, my 444SS. It's also my favorite out of my 444's. It rarely gets attention because the others are fussy and demand way too much. I will show it some love soon, Its going on the next hog hunt.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
11,302 Posts
My 'TK Thunder', rebored an already molested TK K-Mart .375. Serious stopping power in a small, light package. Pics below.

AC

1 - 20 of 97 Posts