Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked what you thought of a Cowboy Rifle in 40/65. Now I would like to know what you you want. If you could call Marlin and say build me this Rifle, what would it be. Cal., BBL., Stock, Sights, Checkered, Blued. Cowboy, Hunting, Target. It's your gun. what will it be. >>Tombstone

·
Registered
243 Posts
50 Alaskan GG
The squill is big here

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would like to see a Model 336 Guide Gun, stainless steel, in 30/30 and 35 Remington calibers.

And a 500 S&W in any configuration.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I would love to see an 1895 in .500S&W. It would have stainless steel with a 16" Octagon barrel with Hi-Viz fiber optic sights. It would have a synthetic stock and forend. It would also come with sling swivel studs.

This would be one awesome all-weather, all terrain brush/guide rifle.
Rich

·
Registered
212 Posts
Marlin 1895 50 Alaskan with a heavy 24" oct. barrel, buckhorn sites, high grade wood without checkering, a good sims or pachmar pad, no B.S. safetys or warnings on barrel.

Marlin 1895 40-65 with 26" med. oct. barrel, buckhorn sites and a tang site mounted, high grade wood, no safetys or warnings.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Stainless 1894, .41mag, straight stock, ghost ring standard. Ditto 39A and 39A in mag.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
Just what I asked for before... a 1894 FG with a straight-grip stock, 18" round barrel, no checkering, tapped for a reciever sight. Winchester calls it a Trapper; I bought my brother one in 45 Colt. Marlin has a superior action to the Winchester and they make the FG already, come on Marlin... let's do some genetic engineering!

About the only other thing I would want is a 1895 in .348 WCF, 22in bbl, straight stock, no checkering, tapped for a reciever sight.

Well... they remade the .41 in a lever, hope springs eternal...

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
Well, I've got my 1894 in 44-40 so I reckon I'd need one in 38-40 next. Although this time a not so fancy version. Straight grip, 20" round barrel rather like the 1894C without the checkering. A huntin' version.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
If I can call them, and they would build whatever I wanted, I'd have them build me an exact copy of the original model 1895 takedown, deluxe rifle, (from the late 1890's) in .38-56, with 28" half octagon barrel, and matching .45-70 barrel, pistol grip stock, with #10 checkering, and #10 engraving. Midrange Ballard tang sight, and windage globe front sight.
Yep, that ought to do it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
MM93 We only disagree on one point, I would rather see a 26" full Octagon barrel, otherwise it's a perfect combination. A third set of barrels in .33 Winchester would be nice as well.

Lee L.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I'd go for a modern version of the 1894 musket in 38-40. Ladder sight, military sling hooks and a stacking swivel. A bayonet lug would be a nice touch, but the legal dept would no doubt have a cow on that one. My second choice would be an 1895 SRC in 33 Win. Oct. bbl and carbine ladder sight. And as long as we're indulging in some gratuitous wishing here, the single shot 22 target pistol would be do-able, fun and affordable!! :D SW

·
Super Moderator
7,957 Posts
I would like a 1895 model in 444 with a 26" straight octagon barrel, and it should be a straight stock model as well, with a full length mag tube and all metal would be browned including the Tang sight, no checkering on the wood stocks that are a better grade then there run of the mill rifles, the buttstock should have a higher comb and a wider stock with a brown pachmyer pad.
................................................................................................Marko

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I'd like a 444 with a 24" round barrel, button magazine, pistol grip, rifle configuration (no barrel bands) and sling studs. Skip the rear buckhorn sight and the corresponding dovetail and just install a quality receiver sight. Drill and tap for scopes as normal, just in case. Stock it with a fine grade of walnut, no checkering, a slim forend and a 13" LOP. A factory installed decelerator pad, and tuned like the cowboy competition models. While your at it, cyro the barrel and hand lap it for me. Blued to a deep rich luster. If I could get that for less than $1,000 I'd be ecstatic.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
M1894,
Yes, I'd agree with a third barrel in .33 Win. Great cartridge, and really not appreciated by many these days! While we're at it, why not a 4th barrel in .40-60 Marlin too! :lol: Oh how I love to dream!
But I still want all mine as half octagons!

·
Registered
74 Posts
marlinman93 said:
M1894,
Yes, I'd agree with a third barrel in .33 Win. Great cartridge, and really not appreciated by many these days! While we're at it, why not a 4th barrel in .40-60 Marlin too! :lol: Oh how I love to dream!
But I still want all mine as half octagons!
Great idea! Do you think we could be a little bit greedy, and add a fifth in 44-75 Sharps?
When you get tired of that cased set, you could ship it on to me, I know it would have a loving home.

Lee L.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No 32 H&R mag.? Ha ! It looks like 50 calibers are in the leed. 50 Alaskan and 500 Smith & Wesson, heck I would take a 50-70. All the others were for the most part Big Bores. You guys would have some nice rifles if they made them. Wish they would all come true for you.

Stainless Steel came up a lot.
I wonder if anyone at Marlin checks out what their customers want or do they just try something and see if it sells ? I wonder why they don't make a std. 336C in 38/55 ? It would sell for less than a Cowboy and maybe some one might want to hunt with one.
Well now you got me thinking on a fifty caliber. Long one, short one, stainless, blued , pistol grip. Looks like time for Marlin to come up with a new big bore.
Good Shooting >>Tombstone

·
Registered
105 Posts
which marlin for you

I'm with you Tombstone,

I think a straight grip "Texan" length round barrel .38-55 would be great.

·
Registered
555 Posts
1895G 18 inch unported barrel ballard rifling,Full lenght tub magazine. big loop lever, ghost ring sights.walnut pistol grip stock.in the 375 win..

D.D.444

1 - 20 of 24 Posts