Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Riflemen-I have a Lyman Powder Thrower that is from the early 1950's at least. It was my father's and when he died in 1957 I got it. It was after high school before I began to use it. It works well but it does not have any ID numbers or letters on it. It is the old style table mount with the powder "Knocker" on the front of it and is faded orange. Perhaps the original model # was on the lid which I have never had that I remember. I have not used it for quite awhile but am thinking of resurecting it. It's not like I need it but it's cool and needs to be mounted on my reloading table. It does appear to be like the new Lyman #55 powder measure. Could it really be the same model #? Thanks, Life is good, BestLever

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Riflemen-Interesting. It just has one very large thumb screw in the middle of it. Life is good, BestLever

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Looks like a safe dial on the side of it? If so hang onto it, they are very accurate and were dropped because of manufacturing costs. If you watch the Death Wish series I believe #2 with Charles Bronson, that is the measure he uses when he sends for Wildy and makes his reloads.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swany-I will get around to taking some photos of it soon and posting them here. As it was my fathers and he passed it on to me when he died early in 57 I will never get rid of it whether it is a good one or not. It does throw powders well for me. Life is good, BestLever

1 - 5 of 5 Posts