Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I could of put this on either the Big Bore or Cowboy posts but, I was in paying off a scope for my 336-44. I had a little extra and went in to pay off the Leupold VX-1 2x7 I had on layaway. Some time ago they had a used cowboy 45/70 in the rack. They had it priced pretty high for the condition. It was a little ratty. Had a stupid "Sheriffs Badge" nailed to the side of the stock and a hole tapped about where Marlin used to put the peep site holes. Wasn't hard to talk myself out of it. Weellll, I payed off the scope and asked what else was new. They pulled the same gun out and put it in my hands. Price went down as we spoke to $475. I put down some money and asked for an oil rag before they put it away. I must have "Marlin Sucker" written on me somewhere where everyone can see it but me! Sheesh! Does this ever let up? I'm only getting worse. I think it comes from hanging out here too much. :roll: Rick

·
Premium Member
14,840 Posts
Rick,

You are definitely terminal dude. :lol: I hope you survive until the next Hogfest.

Dave 8)

·
Registered
25,054 Posts
He got it bad.. :p

·
Premium Member
14,840 Posts
GJ,

I noticed your post time was 444. It is an omen from Thor...get one. :lol:

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Stay out of the Powder Horn!!! Carl A. is not too tall but he is a slippery one. Yep, he is. We go back to the early 1970's and I'm here to tell you that he has way more subtle than he was back then.

I think I am set for Marlins...except if I run into a really good deal on a Cowboy like you did. Or a 39A. Or a 1894 in 357/38.

Stay out of the Powder Horn!!! :wink:

(Words of wisdom from a former Columbia, MO boy.)

·
Registered
25,054 Posts
VTDW said:
GJ,

I noticed your post time was 444. It is an omen from Thor...get one. :lol:
Thats your time.. my time was 6:44.. LOL and I am so poor I can't even pay attention... :lol:

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
It ain't fatal, just expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts