Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were these Ballard rifled???I have only had one Marlin Cowboy in my hands years ago and the action was slicked up and the trigger also.Are they all like that???Thanks ahead ,OB

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
38-55 itis

Hey Old Biker,

Ballard rifling.......check.

Shoot your lights out..........check.:biggrin:

Value............if you can get it for less than a grand.......check:ahhhhh:

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Wont get mine without some SERIOUS folding money...........Ballard but the only CBs "slicked up" at the factory were the CBC models, IIRC. Mine is as accurate as MSharley has shown. Also, mine is a Marlin ReBarreled 1971 model (no CBS) Once you get the right diameter boolit, it all falls into place..................at least for me it did.

Papalote

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
My .38-55 CB is one of my favorite shooters. If you're seriously wanting to invest in one and can find it like new for under a grand, you better jump on it.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guy who owns this claims it is unfired,but does not have the box or paperwork.Does this diminish the value???

·
Registered
661 Posts
The guy who owns this claims it is unfired,but does not have the box or paperwork.Does this diminish the value???
This would drop the value to a collector, maybe even break the deal. Could certainly be used as a bargaining tool. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I'm in the "Grand wouldn't get mine" group. I keep my boxes, many do not. Some of mine do not have a box as the original owner didn't keep it. I don't shoot the box, so not an issue for me. If you can afford one, you won't be disappointed with it. DP

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Now someone did mention an age (115 years), but no one mentioned a model. Didn't Marlin make more than one model in .38-55? Are we talking 1893 or 336?

John

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seems is saw on another thread you snagged a rifle. Did it beat out the 38-55?

Yes ,that particular one I am no longer interested in .I am going to look at a couple next week.OB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts