Marlin Firearms Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well I just scored an RCBS set of pristine 25-36 dies! They're pretty rare.:) Got lucky on another forum, lol, they were languishing in the mail with the wrong zip code for a week, but arrive they did,
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've got a great candidate, 26"oct 1893 with a really nice bore. Now to case forming, and I've got a suitable mold. I'll start with some 30-30, though I suspect they'll be a little short. I do have some of the 38-55 2.25" Starline brass, which should ez give me a proper length.

·
Registered
25 Posts
my rare ones are
1951 waffle top in 35 rem , un molested
one I bought yesterday, a mod 1936 in 32 special in like new condition ;
centennial mod 60,
trail rider mod 60
and My favorite to hunt with is My 308MX

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I thought I had an early 1895 [B000858] but I see a few here that are a little earlier.
I didn't buy Marlins to collect but rather to fulfill a need at a point in time, i.e.I bought the 1895 to replace an old Winchester 1886 for trail rides and hunts in Colorado[I am the original owner of that rifle.] The 39M was needed in Alabama to cull "tree rats"and rabbits for pot shoting.I "needed" the 1894 .22 Mag for armadillos and ferral cats and the 25-20 as a "reloadable".22Mag. I wanted the .357/.38 for ammo availability and versatility.Then I bought the .357 Cowboy 'cause it was just too "purty" and I couldn't leave the LGS with it crying in my ear! Finding the .44-40 was lucky. I needed[there is that word again!] it to back my Colt SAAs and old Mod. Rugers I believe it was a Davidsons special run that came in way less than the original contract . Mine is # 4440377.Then I had to have a .44Mag in case the dad blamed wild pigs invade my back yard or I have some extra .44 Specials to burn! [ Ha, fat chance of that happening. [ Then came the 444 'cause I love that Monty Carlo stock.I get a better cheek weld with the higher comb.Finally, the only Marlin I'm not totally happy with,the .410 Lever Gun.Gad, it's not really a shotgun it's a 45-70 smooth bore! I would have wished for a shorter and lighter barrel. Maybe interchangable choke tubes and a straight stock.I would think about doing those mods. but, the guns have become too desirable and pricey. Hummmmmm , maybe a good excuse to try a Henry. I have a .45 Colt 1894 but it is "visiting" my son and another 39M and 39 TDS who appears to have moved in with one grandson! I don't have any notion that any of those rifles will run away and return to my house during this life time but, that was the intent when I let them go to new homes. Nick

81 - 87 of 87 Posts