Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quality name brand BRASS selling for in 357Magnum and 38Special in this day and age?

Thank you.

Cate

·
Super Moderator
5,387 Posts
Cate

I saw a 1000 count bag of (once fired?) .38 spl brass at my favorite shop yesterday with a sticker of $107 on it.

JD

Reactions: Catherine

·
Premium Member
16,815 Posts
quality name brand BRASS selling for in 357Magnum and 38Special in this day and age?

Thank you.

Cate
Hey Miss Catherine,

Around here, once fired 38 Special brass is going for $50 to $75, a thousand. (the $75/M is tumbled)

Tumbled .357 brass is going for $100 to $120 per thousand (M)

You may be able to get a bit more for the .357 brass, on gunbroker. $15/100 or so.

Later, Mark

Reactions: Catherine

·
Premium Member
16,815 Posts
Hey Miss Catherine,

Around here, once fired 38 Special brass is going for $50 to $75, a thousand. (the $75/M is tumbled)

Tumbled .357 brass is going for $100 to $120 per thousand (M)

You may be able to get a bit more for the .357 brass, on gunbroker. $15/100 or so.

Later, Mark
Hey Roe,

Oooops!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
359 Posts
Around here (utah) nowadays 357 is rarely under $10 or $12 per hundred..and $15ish more often. A lot of people are asking more for it but I believe $12 per hundred is the most I've paid.
38 special is fairly plentiful and you still see it for as low $20 or $25. for 500.
One thing to note. Do not put too much stock in "twice fired'...or even "once fired" if the primer has been removed. Once it's deprimed you are depending on the honesty of the seller, and anyone whom the seller may have gotten it from. Generally, if the primer is left in, you have a better chance of guaging whether or not it is once fired. But after that, I would not give you very good odds of knowing for certain whether something is once fired or not...Not that it matters that much with this caliber. Things like 454 aren't good for many reloads as compared with 38 and 357.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Catherine, I've got some .357 mag ammo, almost 50 rounds that you can have. You just pull them down & re-use the cases, primers & bullets. Just pay me for the shipping. What say you? jd45

·
Super Moderator
6,348 Posts
Hey Ms Catherine! You didn't say...are you buying or selling?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks again for the information, folks.

SW, MM is totally getting out of another caliber in a firearm.

He is concentrating on his 45acp caliber Kimbers and Glocks the most now, one 9mm Glock and his other hunting rifles.

A moderator can close this thread so there is no confusion when I needed ball park figures.

I do not want it to be an issue.

Cate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts