Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site about two weeks ago.

Then i found this thread.

Then I was put onto the GunBroker site by members here.
I joined gunbroker and a I felt like a kid in a candy store.
Bubble burst with GB as most of the adds state "No International Sales"
Did an advanced search on availability to New Zealand and found thousands of persons willing to send goods here.
Narrowed my search to Marlins and to my amazement there are people willing to ship here.
Now I am bookmarking individual sales and watching the progress.
I want a 32-20, I want a 45-70, I want an 1881,1888, .....1897.

Whats happening to me?

So many Marlins, so many calibers, so many models and so little money. Havent told "she who must be obeyed" about this weird affliction yet or the sites that seem to feed it.

Bought the 32-40 out of the safe, cleaned it, inspected every part, photographed it. Checked the ammo I have made already, sized and primed the other 200 pieces of brass I had just sitting in the garage. Bought a couple of cans of FFg "Holy Black", bought 1 can of FFFg. dug out all the lead scraps in the garage and sorted it ready for melting. Cut up my 40lb tin Cornish tin ingot into small pieces ready to be added to a melt.

Somethings happening to me. Something strange.

The fun and excitement have returned. You lot are dangerous, enen thousands of miles away I have caught some sort of dangerous infection and in all honesty its one infection I do not want to be cured of.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Dr Levergunz here to diagnose your problem.......Um,you have Marlinitis....BIG TIME!!
The only cure...if there is one,is to buy more Marlins....although I must admit that I'm not cured yet.
Of course you know were only here to help! ;D ;D ;D
Also you have to watch that "holy black"stuff as its addicting also.I know that for fact.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mmmmm, the Black Stuff.

The smell of burning sulphur, the roar, the flame, the push rather than the jolt.

Pb+BP= :)

I got this Marlinitus real bad. I dont want a cure.

What did the plant in "Little Shop of Horrors" say

"Feed ME, feed ME MORE"

How true.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Tell me about it ! When I first joined MO not too long ago I had one Marlin.Now I have~ SIX ! :p sick sick sick
JD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts