Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I probably should know but I don't. It didn't look like anything special, in fact the rifle itself was really rough, I just didn't know what the G was for. Any help for me?

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Never heard of a "G"..... does it have a safety?

·
Premium Member
3,576 Posts
Could it have been a C that wasn't stamped properly?

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
cody77 said:
Could it have been a C that wasn't stamped properly?

That was my first thought or maybe distorted since he said "the rifle itself was real rough"

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably a C that looked like a G since you guys never heard of it either. This rifle was beat up and had mismatched wood. A real piece of work. Maybe the G stood for "God awful". JOHN

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
A friend once bought what he told me was a Marlin 336G. I had never heard of such, and was eager to see it. When I did see it, what the barrle said was "Glenfield 36 G, Marlin firearms Company". Maybe what you've got there?

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know this is a really old thread, but a buddy just showed me a 336G today, smooth pistol grip, 16 1/4 inch barrel, short mag tube. Says Marlin, North Haven. Model 336G 30-30. Serial number is AA 530xx. It's got a pretty nice little scope on it as well. He told me his dad bought it brand new in the early 60's, though he can't remember when exactly. Any ideas on this one?
I'm interested in the rifle, and I can probably get it for a decent price.
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
363 Posts
A friend once bought what he told me was a Marlin 336G. I had never heard of such, and was eager to see it. When I did see it, what the barrle said was "Glenfield 36 G, Marlin firearms Company". Maybe what you've got there?
Are you sure that it is not this?

I have one of these but mine doesn't have the G on it.

·
Super Moderator
6,353 Posts
Believe you should be caressing it by now...

Jeff

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I've also got a 36G Glenfield. They look a lot like an SC with some differences in wood, sights and possibly not as finely finished blueing. Not sure, but the mag tube may be a bit different length. But, Marlin through and through. DP

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's got a bit of wear on it, as it was a working gun, but nothing truly horrible. I plan on picking it up in the next couple weeks regardless. I told him I'd do 350 or 400. It locks up tight and doesn't rattle even a little. I don't really think it was fired much, just carried a lot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts