Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seen a post by a member about his having trouble finding the 308 LeveRevolution ammo for his new MXLR, I emailed Hornady and received back a reply within an hour. I asked if they were producing the LR in .308, their reply was that they were producing it as fast as they could to meet demand.

Now, I have not seen it on any of the big box store shelves in a year. I have checked with Cabelas, Bass Pro, and Gander Mtn. Luckily, I have at least a hundred rounds on hand, being that I have not seen any deer or coyotes to shoot while I have been hunting with my MXLR.

For a side note I have seen multiple boxes of .338 LR on the store shelves. If any one lives in an area where they are unable to access this ammo, I will buy the rounds for you and ship it to you for the cost of the ammo and shipping.

Andrew

·
Registered
220 Posts
I bought 2 pounds of the leverevolution powder and a box 44 and 357 leverevolution bullets for reloading here in bama about 2 weeks ago.

·
Administrator
27,854 Posts
Andrew, thanks for the report. It appears Hornady needs larger production runs to accommodate the demand better.

I have seen 308LE twice on the shelves in the past year. But in the last 4 to 5 months, none... that and 30-30LE. I have seen more 338LE and just picked up some last Friday. Along with 4lbs of LE powder.
Been looking for the powder for a long time and then suddenly it appeared. I'm still searching for CFE 223 but I haven't found any yet.

Jack

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Well, I just ordered a set of the Hornady New Dimension dies so I can start reloading the FP bullets. So hopefully it won't be an issue for me. That's the third set of 45-70 dies! I hope there isn't any more bullet types that I will need another 45-70 die set for!

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Andrew, I think that is very kind of you to offer to purchase and ship ammo to members that cannot locate it. I think this could be a good trend and alot of members would benefit from this. For instance, here, there is a small shop with 308 marlin ammo. That I could purchase and send to a member that has none in their area. This is a win win. As we live in different regions, certain ammo is more available in certain areas, more so than others. So thank you for your offer. David.

·
Administrator
27,854 Posts
Well said 475linebaugh. I was running out so my post was in haste and forgot to mention it. Glad you did. So ditto Andrew!

karatoula, I spoke with Marlin in September last year and they stated that the 308ME rifles are their #1 seller. So, I imagine there is quite a demand for 308LE. I suspect it to only grow going forward so Hornady needs larger production runs.

Jack

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
David,
I think that it would be a good trend. Especially the weeks before hunting season, when people are fine tuning their rifles. Maybe if we get enough interest from members, the mods will add a section to one of the sub forums.

Andrew

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm currently out of 308ME but haven't been looking for it too hard. I do check the LGS when I'm in there and online some but haven't checked the local Bass Pro in a while. If it were closer to hunting season I'd be looking for it a lot harder. Kind of surprising that it as hard to find as it is but if Marlin is selling them that fast I can understand. Remington also makes ME ammo now so keep an eye out for that too if you're looking for it.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
David,
I think that it would be a good trend. Especially the weeks before hunting season, when people are fine tuning their rifles. Maybe if we get enough interest from members, the mods will add a section to one of the sub forums.

Andrew
Absolutely, I think it would be great.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Store in Ft Collins, CO had 10 boxes couple of weeks ago. Can't remember the name right now.
Quietman, what store was that in Ft. Collins? I just find it hard to believe that all this ammo and brass that everyone is looking for and no one can find---anywhere in this country at any store--whether in ... the big name stores or LGS...and no one on these forums is letting others know where...it leads me to believe that it is not being produced in the quantities that they say they are producing...it would be showing up somewhere and someone would be chiming in as to where they saw or purchased it...unless they bought every box or bag of brass on the shelve. If something as popular as bullets or brass is being produced...it would being on someones shelves and there are hundreds of stores out there...where is it all at?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Quietman, what store was that in Ft. Collins? I just find it hard to believe that all this ammo and brass that everyone is looking for and no one can find---anywhere in this country at any store--whether in ... the big name stores or LGS...and no one on these forums is letting others know where...it leads me to believe that it is not being produced in the quantities that they say they are producing...it would be showing up somewhere and someone would be chiming in as to where they saw or purchased it...unless they bought every box or bag of brass on the shelve. If something as popular as bullets or brass is being produced...it would being on someones shelves and there are hundreds of stores out there...where is it all at?
mar nut, the gun store here has the 308 marlin express 160gr. The name of the gun store is, THE GUN STORE in lexington nc. The phone number is 1 336 249 4388. They will only let you purchase 3 boxes at a time. But thats 60 rounds. Ask for Charlie. The price per box is 25.95 hope this helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
mar nut, the gun store here has the 308 marlin express 160gr. The name of the gun store is, THE GUN STORE in lexington nc. The phone number is 1 336 249 4388. They will only let you purchase 3 boxes at a time. But thats 60 rounds. Ask for Charlie. The price per box is 25.95 hope this helps.
Thanks 475linebaugh, do they sell the Hornady FTX bullets in 30-30 for reloading?....hard to find anywhere.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Thanks 475linebaugh, do they sell the Hornady FTX bullets in 30-30 for reloading?....hard to find anywhere.
I really couldnt say, I do know that they sell alot of brass and reloading equipment. If you contact them I am sure charlie can tell you. Deal only with Charlie, His dad is a bit mean at times. the last time I was there, the dad was putting restrictions on how many primers,brass, powder etc... I think he was only letting folks have 500 primers. Charlie is a great guy. I will be down that way next week. I will look around. They usually have stuff other stores dont. If I find some FTX, do you want some? Just let me know. David.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts