Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"What I am missing" category - Part II - [b]Quick Load Software[/b]

To follow up with the post started by BJM, and at the behest of PJ - Here you go...

Anybody using Quick Load Software?

Curious on your thoughts about it if you are. I know Michael (aka Ranch Dog) uses it, and he was kind enough to provide me some load data for a boolit I happened upon. He also uses it for load data for his mold/boolit development in his business.

My real question/issue is, is it worth it for a average Joe doing recreational reloading? Cost is $149. Or just stick with the readily available reloading manuals? Thoughts from those who use it?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Re: "What I am missing" category - Part II - [b]Quick Load Software[/b]

I was also thinking about purchasing the Quick Load Software last year but did not because of not wanting to spend money. I was also wondering if there is info that may be needed that the average lame brain like me may not know what to put in. :-\

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Nightfisher said:
I was also wondering if there is info that may be needed that the average lame brain like me may not know what to put in. :-\
NF - LOL! Have to admint, after getting the load data from Michael, I have some doubts as to whether I would know all the input parameters/variables for the software...

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts

I got some data from him last year. He knowes what he is doing with it.

Maybe we could get him to give us an on line training class. ;) ;D

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts

I think it is worth every penny and then some. Just take the time to read the user guide, it is a heck of a lesson on what takes place in the chamber at the shot. That alone is worth the money.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Nightfisher said:
I got some data from him last year. He knowes what he is doing with it.

Maybe we could get him to give us an on line training class. ;) ;D
Ranch Dog said:
I think it is worth every penny and then some. Just take the time to read the user guide, it is a heck of a lesson on what takes place in the chamber at the shot. That alone is worth the money.
Can anyone say Webex?!? I do these all the time! We might have to get you up to speed, Michael! How are your presentation skills?!?

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts

;D ;D ;D

Thats good stuff. I have serria 5.1 soft ware. and now with the 45-70 I have a use for that" Quick Load Software ". I guess this average joe has a insacible curiosity"affliction to know " but a lack of funds ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts