Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed the sweet Wild West Happy Trigger and Bear Proof ejector. I have also installed a pachmayer fitted recoil pad. I have Mic McPherson book, "Accurizing the Factory Rifle" on the way from Amazon. What should I do next to make this little 336c a bad mama jama??!!!! Old guys give me some advice, experienced guys give me your ideas of success, and newbies give me what everyone else has told you.... :biggrin::questionmark:

·
Registered
956 Posts
What else should you do? Shoot it! :biggrin:

Maybe some skinners peep sights. Sounds like you already have it decked out. Stock up on ammo.

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
CYB, how is the fit on the pre fit recoil pad? Can you post a pic? I am considering one for my .35Rem cuz the factory one causes discoloration of the shoulder.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CYB, how is the fit on the pre fit recoil pad? Can you post a pic? I am considering one for my .35Rem cuz the factory one causes discoloration of the shoulder.
I will put up a picture later tonight. The recoil pad did not fit the shape of my stock perfect. Its off just a tad bit, but it will work for me. I used a slip on limbsaver for a while and it didn't feel right for me, so I got me a pachmayer. The pachmayer feels tight in the shoulder. The slip on was for some reason spongy feeling before. Its just a preference I guess.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I put one on my 1895 with the pistol grip stock and it fit pretty well after some minor work. I had to drill a new lower hole and fill in the original one because it didn't match up with the new pad and do some slight sanding on a few areas of the pad to get it to fit flush around the stock. It still needs to be touched up in some areas but I quit because I was worried if I got too picky I'd slip and nick the stock.

IMG_0747.JPG IMG_0749.JPG IMG_0748.JPG

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I put one on my 1895 with the pistol grip stock and it fit pretty well after some minor work. I had to drill a new lower hole and fill in the original one because it didn't match up with the new pad and do some slight sanding on a few areas of the pad to get it to fit flush around the stock. It still needs to be touched up in some areas but I quit because I was worried if I got too picky I'd slip and nick the stock.

View attachment 103874 View attachment 103875 View attachment 103876 [/QUO

TE]
Looks good.Some pretty wood on that stock!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have installed the sweet Wild West Happy Trigger and Bear Proof ejector. I have also installed a pachmayer fitted recoil pad. I have Mic McPherson book, "Accurizing the Factory Rifle" on the way from Amazon. What should I do next to make this little 336c a bad mama jama??!!!! Old guys give me some advice, experienced guys give me your ideas of success, and newbies give me what everyone else has told you.... :biggrin::questionmark:
I would say.... spend your money on ammo and SHOOT the durn thing already...

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Empty some brass down range, than get into the hobby of filling it back up again! Handloading is In these days! :)

Enjoy
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Dang! I read the OP and had to look in the mirror.... Im an old guy!!!
My advice is "post some pics youngster, we want to see it!" :biggrin:

izzle your huckabizzle -- thats SnoopDog for Im your Huckelberry... Im trying to stay young by gettin my gangsta on

DocDog is in the Hizzle

·
Registered
3,379 Posts

View attachment 103874 View attachment 103875 View attachment 103876
I'd say you did an excellent job! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
12,128 Posts
You've already done more to it than many who've been using a lever gun for decades. Most just slick 'em up a little, maybe mount a scope or some peep sights, then go shooting & hunting very effectively. Marlin has made good guns, that (QC control issues aside) don't really need much to make them pretty much perfect hunting rifles.

Shoot the heck out of that thing until it becomes second nature. Then the bears & bucks are in serious trouble.

What scope did you go with?

Regards, Guy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts