Votes: 46 45.5%
  • Meh, its okay...

Votes: 33 32.7%
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'd think that these idiots would at the very least, photograph a rifle that had a good fitting forearm to the receiver, but nope..........Not Remington.

If these photos are an indication of the "Cream of the Crop", I'll pass....
lol, I didnt even notice... Just pulled up the picture (without looking) so people new what I was talking about.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Why settle for second best? Be patient and buy a JM.

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
I got lucky with my Remlin 308MX because I think its made mostly out of left over CT parts. I haven't seen another one I would spend my money on. The regular JMs are the REAL 336 Collectors Editions.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Who decides what the commemorative rifle should be....dolts. Not only fit issues but not an attractive rifle. If you are going to make it a special collector's' rifle, make it a Texan, with a saddle ring on it. Add the skinner peps and ballard fluting and a hex 24" barrel. They should also include a leather scabbard, and tung oil the furniture.

Then look at the Marlin Owners web site and slick the action and lever so its butter smooth. Last item would be to take the hood off the front sight and make it bronze with a Ruby facing the shooter. In snow, that Ruby sticks out like a big thumb.

I thought of one other quality item, make sure there are no machine marks anywhere on the rifle. Sixty Two finish every where.

A rifle like that would be worth spending the extra, and it would have given Remington a real marketing pull, but oh well, they did not ask their customers what a collector's rifle should have. :shot:

So, what should a collectors rifle have to make it special? This thread is a good place to list them. Perhaps one of the engineers at Remington might find it and incorporate the free information.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
If I was in the market and for some reason needed to buy new, I would at least look at this one since they say it is "hand assembled and tuned by a Marlin senior craftsman". Wonder what the definition of Senior Craftsman is?? Marlin Model 1894 Deluxe

·
Registered
325 Posts
I feel like they didn't even try to make it classic/reminiscent of the long Marlin history.. just slap the logo on, put in some "fancy" (and i do use that word loosely) checkering and call it an extra couple hundred bucks to the consumers. I don't know how they could improve it (besides returning Marlin to how it was) but I feel llike a release like this should be a marriage of firearm and art.. in the firearm department its still a dirty remlin ******* child, and in the art department its.. uninspired i guess would be an artsy term. I'll pass.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
You'd think that these idiots would at the very least, photograph a rifle that had a good fitting forearm to the receiver, but nope..........Not Remington.

If these photos are an indication of the "Cream of the Crop", I'll pass....
I noticed the same thing when my catalog came. Egads, it's not only in your catalog, but it's supposed to be a special model. At least find a good one for the pictures.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.