Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1973, stationed at Patrick AFB, Security Police Squadron, located between Cocoa Beach and satellite Beach on the barrier island sanwhiched between the Indian River and Atalantic Ocean. Tough duty.

One night the Highway patrol was in pursuit of a baby blue Plymouth Duster asking us to assist. It was in front of me and suddenly hooked a turn off A1A bounced through the dunes and landed in the ocean. The driver was aprehended. Great show, out of our jurisdiction.

Fast foreward to the early 90's, I'm still living in Satellite Beach. Was at the beach with my bride and inlaws. Clogged with condo's these days. A tropical storm had pasted and the beaches were cleared of everything. The water was low and there was some iron showing. Closer examination determined the sand and rust eroded remains of a MOPAR classic Slant Six! Damned if it wasn't the same car I chased 2+ decades before me were the remains!

Nowadays can you imagine the lead acid battery, fluids and oils...

AC

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was so eroded from beach sand, wave of salt water it looked like melting wax. Determined it was the same car by identifying it was a Slant. The automatic tranny case was still identifiable - the most remakable was the exhaust valves and seats were still unrusted. Some of the pumpkin differential was still there as well. Like the exhaust vale seats the high chromium metal in the hypoid gears were identifiable.

AC

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brevard County beachside was pretty where the car went in was outside any city limits and the county would ignore about a 2 or 3 hundred dollar tow. Nowadays the Feds would have to be involved.

AC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts