Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you let me know what you have had done to your triggers and why? Recomendations, Gunsmiths etc...
Stoutstuff

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks All!

With the leed on the sale price at Midway, I bought a WWH trigger today to try out in my Outfitter.

375Win, I am curious as to how the polishing jobs compared to your WWH trigger as I have an early 444 gold trigger I may need to work on.

Stoutstuff

·
Registered
521 Posts
stoutstuff,

very subjective of course, but possibly the same ?? I didn't simply install the new WWH trigger and be done with it. I used fine-grit diamond files and hard Arkansas stones on every surface that moved and was in sliding contact. I even used an Arkansas stone on the WWH sear itself, just because I could. No contacting surfaces were un-smoothed, rather, every surface got worked.

before and after differences in "smooth" are huge. Last year I smoothed-up everything on my pal's Marlin levergun. The "before" trigger pull was gritty & crunchy. The "after" trigger pull was smooth & easy. I was amazed at how many machining marks I could see using a 10X loupe, some "before" surfaces looked more serrated than smooth.

and that is one reason I really like the Marlins: the design is so simple for disassembly and reassembly (just like a 1911 pistol, you can take it all apart and easily get it all back together without fear).

Do I like the WWH trigger ?? You bet. And doing all the other smoothing-up makes the whole mechanical system function that much better.

Cheers,

Carl

·
Registered
221 Posts
I put Wild West triggers in all my marlins. After over a dozen 10 minute installs resulting in instant excellent result of drops in 2-4# in trigger pull per rifle, I can say they work wonderful. I would have nothing else in my Marlins.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I you have the ability to remove your trigger and install a WW trigger then you have the ability to follow the most excellent stickies and do your own trigger jobs for free or for the cost of a good stone. I just like tinkering on my rifles to make them slick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts