Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
What can you tell me about this Marlin 336SC 35 Remington I picked up recently? The SN is:08039XXX. Any idea when it was made? It does have the crossbolt safety and it does have microgroove rifling. Is this checkering factory?

The blueing is 95% or better. The buttstock does have some dings and dents in it would should come right out easily. What is the value of this firearm?

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
I'll go first
First its NOT an SC.Looks like a CS
Second it was made in 1992
Guessing at $300,but that depends on your area and how in demand they are.

Reactions: Rick1

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
Levergunz said:
I'll go first
First its NOT an SC.Looks like a CS
Second it was made in 1992
Guessing at $300,but that depends on your area and how in demand they are.
+1 on what Levergunz has said. In my area with good quality scope a used 336 can go from about $330- 375.

It is indeed a CS vice SC. Yours appears to be stock including the checkering. A fine rifle! The difference being that a CS is the same as 336C, but with the cross bolt safety (the safety is standard since 1983). Ths 336sc on the other hand is the sporting carbine version of the older version of the Model 336A with the pistol grip, fat perch belly forearm, and 3/4 magazine tube vice a full length magazine tube. The 336sc has the shorter 20" barrel vice the 24" barrel found on the old 336As and has a 3/4 tube as well. ;)

CJ

Update correction - on second thought after looking again I agree with Leverdude, the checkering looks differernt - but nice.
CJ

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
What Leverguns said, except the checkering is unlike factory Marlin checking.
Its a CS though. They called the 336C a 336CS for several years after adding the saftey. Its been called the 336C, 336RC, 336C & 336CS. A 336SC on the other hand is a "Sporting carbine" with a 20" barrel, short tube and no barrel bands.
Can you get closer pics of the checkering on each piece of wood?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts