Marlin Firearms Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
may be in to some odd stuff but most of my guns will only shoot reloads once I get them, .223 Rem, 7mm STW, now a bunch of 22-25 AI on the bench, I need to get some 9mm done ( hoping I don't need them Jan 20' 2021)

·
Registered
16 Posts
356 Win. Just got my Marlin 336 in 30-30 back from JES where he bored it out to .356. I had shot some rounds thru it to begin break-in. Now I am working with H4198 and Speer 220 FP. It looks like Iorg's favorite is going to be my favorite as well. Thanks Iorg for the suggestion. I did take the time to polish the chamber before the last test. So far I am happy with the re-bore. Those that have done a re-bore are you shooting max book loads. If so are you seeing any issues.
tj

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious, what calibers have you reloaded (or done prep for) in the last week or so?

Myself, just yesterday I finished loading some .308 Winchester for target practice this weekend.
Last weekend I loaded some .32-40. And earlier this week I started to de-primed a bunch of 9mm cases.

As an active recreational shooter I find that the process of reloading is something I am working on all week long; a few minutes here, a couple hours there.
.44 special, .45ACP. I also work on load batches on similar intervals. I hit the range weekly and have a goal of loading more rounds than I put down range.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Working on some 45 70 for my Trapdoor then some 180 gr. for the Marlin 30AS 356 Winchester Trapper.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not sure how your loads work, but I worked up some 200gr XTPs for the 44 mag that are smoking out of an 1894 rifle. Floating in the 1950/2000 FPS range, ao we've got to be careful with them; they are hell on a 1/4" mild steel target and we blew some holes through before we realized how hard it was hitting. The target held the loads through the Super Blackhawk, but that extra velocity made a difference.
I kind of went a different direction. 270 Grain Speer over a Max charge of H110 = 1655 FPS and very VERY dead hogs. I can get the XTP 240 grain to about 1780. Both have been successful but my rifle likes the 270 a hair better. Thanks for the heads up on the 200s.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just curious, what calibers have you reloaded (or done prep for) in the last week or so?

Myself, just yesterday I finished loading some .308 Winchester for target practice this weekend.
Last weekend I loaded some .32-40. And earlier this week I started to de-primed a bunch of 9mm cases.

As an active recreational shooter I find that the process of reloading is something I am working on all week long; a few minutes here, a couple hours there.
270 Win and 308 Win in preparation for a hunt in February.

·
Registered
783 Posts
eight months to have my .444 Redding die set, now it's here_
in the meantime I had arranged first with Lee, then Hornady.
before Xmas i discovered that the recoil of the .444 had unhinged me an old dental implant_
what have i reloaded lately? .guess : 444 :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got the 105 dusted off and cleaned up. Re-packed and checked the HE rounds with airburst fuzes. Ready and waiting for Beto to skateboard down I-90 to seize "weapons of war".

View attachment 834463

:)
Is interesting that no army anywhere uses semi auto only rifles and yet. Also how does an AR in a squad car a patrol rifle turn into an assault rifle in the hands of a citizen. Damnable magick it is. Beto welcome to try but he will send goons instead at least for the first day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
eight months to have my .444 Redding die set, now it's here_
in the meantime I had arranged first with Lee, then Hornady.
before Xmas i discovered that the recoil of the .444 had unhinged me an old dental implant_
what have i reloaded lately? .guess : 444 :)
Really an implant? I have many too many of them, guess I better not shoot the big thumper 45-70 loads.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Really an implant? I have many too many of them, guess I better not shoot the big thumper 45-70 loads.
yes, really (made 30 years ago: I guess the warranty was also expired :) )._
I avoid posting the obscene photo of this, which I could do because I didn't trash it away_
probably due to unforeseen side thrust/stress, due to my initial error in holding the remlin, testing it from the bench_

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
45 acp, 223 Rem, and 22 Hornet for a buddy. Found small pistol primers and some 9mm projectiles today, so probably do those next week. Oh yeah, 270AR too (AR 15 wildcat)

61 - 72 of 72 Posts