41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
32 Win spl for me and 300 mag for Son-in-law

·
Registered
84 Posts
Didn't load anything, but picked up a pound of Rel 7 , 100 .35 200grn. bullets and a box of .270wsm federal premium rounds.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious, what calibers have you reloaded (or done prep for) in the last week or so?

Myself, just yesterday I finished loading some .308 Winchester for target practice this weekend.
Last weekend I loaded some .32-40. And earlier this week I started to de-primed a bunch of 9mm cases.

As an active recreational shooter I find that the process of reloading is something I am working on all week long; a few minutes here, a couple hours there.
9mm, .357 Mag and 223 Win

·
Registered
1 Posts
An oldie but goodie: 30-40 Krag. 180gr ballistic tip over 32.5 grains of IMR 4895. Easy shooting load thru an old Krag sporter with an ancient 2x scope. I like the scope because it is only a one inch tube and you can keep both eyes open while viewing the target.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious, what calibers have you reloaded (or done prep for) in the last week or so?

Myself, just yesterday I finished loading some .308 Winchester for target practice this weekend.
Last weekend I loaded some .32-40. And earlier this week I started to de-primed a bunch of 9mm cases.

As an active recreational shooter I find that the process of reloading is something I am working on all week long; a few minutes here, a couple hours there.

9mm, 38 Super, 38 Special & 45acp...
Like the 38 Super, kind of like a 9mm, but for folks with bigger fingers, lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spent the summer doing 30-30AI development but recently a bunch of 9mm and a few 30-06.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I load 9 mm, 38 Special, 38 Super, 357 mag, 40 S&W, 44 Mag, 45 Colt, 243, 270, 30-30, 8x57, 35 Whelen and 45-70. The 44 gets dual purpose use in a Super Blackhawk and an 1894 Marlin.

For me, I take my time cleaning the cases, prepping, loading, and then of course 'testing' which is a great reason to test some 'terminal performance'. Sounds good for the spousal unit. A

lso pick up plenty of brass at my friends back yard range, so I get to play with different methods of cleaning and recovering some weathered ammo. While not desirable for what would be a defense or hunting load, it is good for range ammo once it is clean and polish up to a smooth and shiny finish. One good thing is who really cares if you lose some recovered brown brass, as it was a freebie anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Doing mostly 40sw practice rounds. Doing some 45 colt, have you seen the cost of factory????? Not even available except for hot loads like buffalo. Also some 12 gauge.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I load 45-70 all the time but today tried something new with it. I noticed I have a lot of 4350 id bought for my 06s but much more than ill
use for that . Anyway I saw some old imr data for using 4350 in the 45-70 so I loaded up a box took it to the range this morning and pleasantly surprised how clean it burns and accurate as well . Anyone ever tried it before . I used 56 grains with 400 grain cast. Don’t know velocity but it seems like a pretty healthy load. I’m happy with it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
45-70, 30-06, 44 mag, 45 Colt
Not sure how your loads work, but I worked up some 200gr XTPs for the 44 mag that are smoking out of an 1894 rifle. Floating in the 1950/2000 FPS range, ao we've got to be careful with them; they are hell on a 1/4" mild steel target and we blew some holes through before we realized how hard it was hitting. The target held the loads through the Super Blackhawk, but that extra velocity made a difference.

·
Registered
37 Posts

35 Rem,, 38 Spec, 41 Spec. & Mag., 450/400 3" N.E., 22 K-Hornet

·
Registered
20 Posts
Recently...?

.30-30, .30-06, .480 Ruger, .450 Marlin, .300 Savage, and 6.5mm Grendel

I used to say, "It keeps me out of the bars." Now, Her Highness Half-Whitmer has them (and everything else) closed AGAIN. Good thing there's ice fishing and beaver trapping to keep me busy when I'm not casting and reloading. Time to go put up some furs.

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just .357. Also normally some .223 and .308, but not for a few months. Loads of cheap mil spec around.
Really?!? Where?!?

In my world if you find ammo today you'd better buy it because tomorrow it will be gone. I saw some basic 5.56mm Winchester SS109s for sale online for the low, low price of $2/round! PMC 55gr FMJBTs were a bargain at $30/box of 20. And if you find commonly used powders online like IMR 4895, H335, IMR 4064, Leverevolution, AR COMP, CFE 223, Unique and/or Bullseye- don't buy it. Just PM where you saw it. As of yesterday Powder Valley had literally not a single powder of any type in stock. I guess they're "No Powder Valley" now. Pretty much the same at Midway, Brownells, Midsouth, Natchez, Graf & Son, etc. Unless you're loading for 410 or 28 gauge on the light end or a .460 Weatherby Mag or 50 BMG on the heavy end you're not getting any suitable powder. And if you don't have primers, your best bet is to pull the anvils from some spent ones, reflatten the cup, gently grind up the tips of strike anywhere matches, gently pack the compound in the cup and gently replace the anvil. I've heard they will work and that way after 20 minutes you may have a working primer. Which is further than you'll be than if you spend days on the web or searching stores.....

I'm glad I learned my lesson during the Obama Effect.

Be safe out there!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, .223 Rem and 9mm Luger, 'cause they are the only center fires I own, so far.

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Got the 105 dusted off and cleaned up. Re-packed and checked the HE rounds with airburst fuzes. Ready and waiting for Beto to skateboard down I-90 to seize "weapons of war".

View attachment 834463

:)
My friend, you win the Internet that day!

I've just loaded some .308 Winchester rounds for my nephew's pig hunt this weekend. 165 gra Sierra Game Kings over Varget. He would have taken the 1895G but I'm still working up a current load. I also loaded 124 grain 9 mm FMJs for practicing with my high capacity carry weapon. Practiced with them in that gun and the little SIG subcompact yesterday. Head shots. A few weeks ago I was loading for the PA10. 150 grain Hornady FMJ-BT practice. I already have other rounds stocked for that weapon.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
I just loaded another 300 X-Treme plated RN bullets using CFE pistol. They work great for target shooting and will feed with ease in anything. I load them the high range of lead round nose bullets.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts