Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, what calibers have you reloaded (or done prep for) in the last week or so?

Myself, just yesterday I finished loading some .308 Winchester for target practice this weekend.
Last weekend I loaded some .32-40. And earlier this week I started to de-primed a bunch of 9mm cases.

As an active recreational shooter I find that the process of reloading is something I am working on all week long; a few minutes here, a couple hours there.

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
9mm, 38 Super, 38 Special & 45acp...

Reactions: Land Cruiser

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
44 mag and 356 Winchester. A few of each today.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
6.5 creedmoor 6.5 grendel 6.8SPC and some 350 legend. gonna stock up on 38 super this week.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Pretty much dedicated to getting my 460 S&W, to push my 400 grain cast bullet fast and accurate! memtb

Reactions: msharley

·
Banned
203 Posts
Been playing with getting .300 blkout loads to run in my mini garand build lately. What works with a ruger mini 300 or an ar does not work with this experimental T20 Garand build. LilGun is the only powder that I’ve found that gives me enough gas to cycle and strip the next rd most of the time. Ejection is fine. Going to tinker a while longer and then get it rechambered to .300Ham’r [just discovered it a week or so ago] which will give me a longer case and room for more go juice. I’m right on the edge of getting it to run consistently with 130-150 gr bullets.
81B4DDB7-6AF5-45BD-BBDD-4A36B3B3587A.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Just curious, what calibers have you reloaded (or done prep for) in the last week or so?

Myself, just yesterday I finished loading some .308 Winchester for target practice this weekend.
Last weekend I loaded some .32-40. And earlier this week I started to de-primed a bunch of 9mm cases.

As an active recreational shooter I find that the process of reloading is something I am working on all week long; a few minutes here, a couple hours there.
22 Hornet, 6.5 Grendel, 30 Carbine, 38-55.

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Got the 105 dusted off and cleaned up. Re-packed and checked the HE rounds with airburst fuzes. Ready and waiting for Beto to skateboard down I-90 to seize "weapons of war".

View attachment 834463

:)
Beto is a great candidate for chief javelin catcher for the track and field team.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Been playing with getting .300 blkout loads to run in my mini garand build lately. What works with a ruger mini 300 or an ar does not work with this experimental T20 Garand build. LilGun is the only powder that I’ve found that gives me enough gas to cycle and strip the next rd most of the time. Ejection is fine. Going to tinker a while longer and then get it rechambered to .300Ham’r [just discovered it a week or so ago] which will give me a longer case and room for more go juice. I’m right on the edge of getting it to run consistently with 130-150 gr bullets.....
Did that bedding job shown on your mini14 pic help with the accuracy any?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Been playing with getting .300 blkout loads to run in my mini garand build lately. What works with a ruger mini 300 or an ar does not work with this experimental T20 Garand build. LilGun is the only powder that I’ve found that gives me enough gas to cycle and strip the next rd most of the time. Ejection is fine. Going to tinker a while longer and then get it rechambered to .300Ham’r [just discovered it a week or so ago] which will give me a longer case and room for more go juice. I’m right on the edge of getting it to run consistently with 130-150 gr bullets.
I’m very interested in your 300 Ham’r project. I’ve been reading up on it lately.

I loaded up some 223 with 55gr V-max bullets for my bolt action savage this week. I have over 2000 SR primers but it was hard to bring myself to use 30 of them. I felt guilty!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts