Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to put a sling on my 336SC 35rem. I got a Unkle Mikes barrel band for it but it was the wrong one. I would like to put it on the mag tube.

Thanx Steve

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I need to put a sling on my 336SC 35rem. I got a Unkle Mikes barrel band for it but it was the wrong one. I would like to put it on the mag tube.

Thanx Steve
Steve, take a look in Numrich or Brownells for a replacement barrel band with a swivel stud. I find them to be cleaner for appearance, and sturdier in use. Very simple to replace, you can keep the original, they never loosen up, wont scratch the magazine tube, and I think they even cost less.

I have them on both of my 336's.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Or use the band that is on it and D&T it for a 10-32 thread and use the Uncle Mikes magazine swivel studs. I have been installing studs on my shotguns using the standard swivel set and threading the one stud to 10-32 and installing it.

DEP

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Numrich is my favored place to get the band with swivel, but they have been out of them for months. They are half the price of those from MidwayUSA but available off and on from Numrich.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My problem is I cannot get the band off. I buggered up the screws trying. I am not sure what they screw into underneath or I would drill them out. Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts