Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
^^^

That sounds like FUN!

My husband, Montana Man on here, is working at his 24/7 high stress job.

Happy Independence Day to you and yours.

Cate

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
Our long weekend started yesterday. My wife took off as did her best friend and my sister and they had girls day in the pool with music and drinks. After the rain came late afternoon it was movie time. I put a large pork shoulder in the slow cooker Thursday evening so the wife had already drained it and made BBQ pulled pork by the time I came home form work. Today we had her step mother over for fish and hush puppies and a few extras. Tomorrow we will hang at the house and spend some pool time and take it easy. We pretty much stay around the house and off the roads on holiday weekends as our interstates are packed and dangerous for the most part.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm at home harvesting the garlic! And my wife is in Bristol Bay harvesting wild Sockeye salmon!! And we just talked on the phone!!!

photo (11).jpg 10376142_10203428557090594_4579464866488658609_n.jpg

Reactions: Catherine

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Went to Cabelas, just opened in our area, looked at firearms in there special library of guns. Looked at a Sig P938, bought some training gear for the puppies, and had dinner by the Lake.

Just got back from the fireworks show, and we are going to take one of our sweet females to be bread tomorrow. Life is good in America, forgot all about the squatter in the White House. I know he and his ilk will not ever get the context of our Fourth of July celebration.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Went to Cabelas, just opened in our area, looked at firearms in there special library of guns. Looked at a Sig P938, bought some training gear for the puppies, and had dinner by the Lake.

Just got back from the fireworks show, and we are going to take one of our sweet females to be bread tomorrow. Life is good in America, forgot all about the squatter in the White House. I know he and his ilk will not ever get the context of our Fourth of July celebration.
Cool day for you too!

Cate

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Well Cate , me and My Lovely Lady have just been kickin back at home here and lounge around , I fed the ole girl a culpa the times today , and we chomped on some fresh water melon out in the back yard , while watching the yearly Big fire works display this evening , from right up the road at the Golf Course about six blocks away . Gonna go to her Mother place tomorrow and finish digging potatoes we have planted over there , and finish harvesting the corn patch as well.... Take Mama n law to dinner , at the Cracker Barrel" , and do a little visiting with her, and that's about it for the weekend , other than Church " Sunday morning , then come home and feed the ole girl a Fried Chicken dinner:eating: I do most of he cookin around here since I retired and became the keeper of the Den" sorta speaking .... then a little nap time after that :biggrin: .... She's 10 year younger than me and still working , so I try to take all this house work off her hands , and keep her fat a sassy :tee:

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
^^^

Very cool! MM got home from work and we are watching PALE RIDER. We have a nice movie collection here.

Cate

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
DorenePhotoBoothII.jpg shinyearrings.jpg My friend and I enjoyed dinner and movie - Jersey Boys and she really liked both. We have been doing the classic movies on the big screen so this was a little different. She does modeling on the side of her serious work. Alaska girls. After I gave her a Marine grade 12 gauge. Her response "Shiny and powerful! I love both!" Funny. We are having a grizzly on her property and this is if I am not there, just in case. Buckshot first followed by slugs. Hope she never has to use it for that but she is capable. Since I just gave her this I guess I have narrowed my dating a LOT...and am happy. Perfect weather for her - 70's. Very nice 4th weekend so far.

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
Sent mine overseas so she could be with her family

misery deserves company

1 - 12 of 12 Posts