Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody knows what a good condition mountie is going for these days and if they are real hard to find. Do they typicaly fetch a higher price than a standard 39?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Joe - There are so many "different" models/variations of the 39/39A/39M rifles/carbines, that it's hard to give you a definitive answer. My 3-year old copy of the Blue Book of Gun Values shows the standard Model 39A "Mountie" lists from $100 (60%) to $350 (100%), while the same rifle with "K" prefix (mfg'd 1953 only) runs from $300-$750. A standard Model 39A depending on model designation (A, M, A-DL, D, TDS, etc., and various anniversary models) go from $100 to $1000, while the original Model 39's can bring upwards of $1700 or even more for a "star" marked model. In my travels around the country, I've seen a few places where they're going for some less than the BBGV list, but most places they bring Blue Book price or better. Sorry I can't be more help. I'll say in my local area, a nice straight stock "Mountie" will generally bring $25-$50 more than a comparable 39A, all else being equal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts