Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the search for a good used 39a, not necessarily mountie, and want to know what they are priced for locally.
I won't pay prices seen on GB cause everyone bids up so high on everything and then there's shipping and FFL transfers.
I'm hoping to find one at a local pawn shop by calling around.
Let me know what to you are seeing today

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Areas can have an effect on Marlin prices. Maybe not so much on the 39A as much as the area can effect the 336 prices. The 39A Marlins have gone up quite a bit in the years since Remington took over and now don't even build one except the $3000 custom from Dakota Arms in South Dakota. I still see some in Pa. shows that are $525-$600. Some are higher than that but they better be extremely nice condition to sell at mid $600 to $700. Mounties can go higher but I don't like Mounties so the pistol grip model is the ones I normally look at. I see what I would call rough shape or parts guns (my opinion) and have $350-$400 tags on them. Any certain year or model that you want to find? I was lucky to get the ones I got before the prices got out of control and would sell some but my wife don't want to sell our 39A's, D or the two M's that I don't even like but they are hers now since I gave them to her.

·
Registered
970 Posts
The last 39A that I've seen sell locally went for $630 at a local firearms auction, there's another one on an estate sale this weekend so I'll have to see what that one goes for. At shows the normal asking price seems to be $700-800.

I've also seen a 39M sell for $480, it was a bit rough, and a 39 (S prefix) go for $550 this year.

·
Premium Member
25,367 Posts
Too blame much.
An old man who regularly has a table at the flea market
here has had one that's got a couple slight pitted places
on the barrel, get this, for close to 3 years he's been trying
to sell for $550.00
I see them at shows in good clean shape for as high as 675.

Personally, I never was a huge fan of the 39A...
Sacrilidge, I know.
I like something lighter, and shorter.
I like a bolt 22, preferably with an 18" barrel and
birch lumber because it's light.
When I go squirrel hunting, a walk a long ways
and our spring season is hot down here.
A heavy rifle is like carrying a fence post after a few
miles.
Really, I'd love to find a Marlin model 56 or57... I never
had one and I'd like to try it.
They may be heavy though.

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
I managed to land 2 at the $325 - $350 range but was lucky. They do run $550-$700
i know where there is or was a Mountie for $400. I never made it back with cash but it was a whole in the wall store that sees little business except prior to deer season. I hope to get back there.
Good luck, keep looking, imo it's 1/2 the fun!

·
Super Moderator
14,137 Posts
Around here $500. to $600 depending on condition. Straight stock or Mounty brings the high range. I have seen plenty go on Gun Broker for less than what many are priced at around here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just never see them around here. Central Maryland. Based on that I would not sell mine for less than$1000.
Yeah they are rare around here and that’s why I jumped on a 39m a couple weeks ago for $400 down in PG County. It was a hour and a half drive from upper Montgomery County but worth it to me! I seen it on another gun forum on the sellers forum page as a consignment.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow, you guys are really making me feel good. I just recently bought an AB serial number Mountie in near perfect condition for $300.00. Right place, right time.
jk

Reactions: vt4ster

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
You guys that don't have a location in your profile and don't say in your post where you are aren't helping when you say what the local prices are.

Here they are $450-750. No wonder y'all think I'm crazy when I complain about prices! Look at the silliness some of you have locally.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Central Minnesota shows 39As were running $500 to $700 this past winter. Mounties about $100 higher because harder to find. I found a Century Limited at the Tulsa show in April for $575 -- about 95% condition. Seller came down $100 on asking price on last day of show.

·
Registered
295 Posts
In my area, so few seem to change hands that it is difficult to get a read on the value. I have not seen a M39a in a gun store or pawn shop in just about a year. The few that do seem to change hands, are going for $475 to $600 depending on condition. A Mountie will sell for about $100 more in like condition. Just my opinion, and what do I know?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.