Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TN3.jpg tn.jpg tn 2.jpg My new hunting buddy recently bought a new Weatherby SA-08 20 ga. deluxe auto. He shot it a couple of times and sent it back to the factory. It was not cycling the low brass shells. He mailed it back through UPS and the gun got some minor damage during shipping. He was unable to get UPS to honor the insurance warranty. When he received the gun back from the factory he was told that the gun was okay and that he needed to follow the factory's recommendations of shooting high brass shells for the break in period, they recommended at least 3 boxes of 1275 fps shell, then the gun would function properly with all ammo choices. Any way after several dove hunts he was disgusted with the gun. He came by my house the other day with a Fausti 20ga. O/U. This was a beautiful shotgun. It is blued with nice engraving, built on a small frame, has selective triggers with ejectors. Best of all it had beautiful wood high gloss finish and an English style stock. He paid very little for it and said at least when I miss the first time I know it will shoot the second time.

I fell in love with his gun immediately and had dreams about it and lusted over it so much, I just had to find a way to take it from him. He has wanted a 20 ga. O/U for a while and has purchased nice Beretta 12 ga. O/U. He mentioned that he would like to find a Charles Daly like he use to have in 20 ga. Yesterday I went to our LGS just browsing and guess what they had. There it was a 20 ga. Charles Daly Mirokuo made O/U. They had a price tag under 6 hundred. It was gorgeous, I called him immediately and told him about it. He was trying to sell his new Weatherby for 450 dollars. I told him to check it out and see if they would trade him heads up. We went hunting this morning and then stopped by the LGS afterwards. He made a heads up trade. Guess what. I bought my lusted after Fausti from him at an unbelievable price. Its MINE I SAY MINE, UOOPS I MEAN my Wife's. I always wanted to get her a 20 ga. double for home protection. She wanted a coach gun but this little beauty will serve all her needs and then some. Like the next time I go dove hunting. I'll try toget some pics tomorrow. One step closer to my Sharps rifle now. I have been trying to figure a way to buy the sharps but knew I had to find a double for my wife first. Boy am I a kniver, arnt you glad you don't have a friend like me.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been trying to do some research on this little gun and finally found out its an Upland II. I saw one today for sale at $ 800.00 dollars. Since Fausti has move to USA there prices have gun sky high. Most of there offerings are 1000 to 8000. I would appreciate any one with imfo. on what choke tubes will fit. Mine has improve and modified choke, I'd like to find a full choke tube that will work. Wal Mart use to sell these for around 500.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
:hmmmm: I believe FaustiUSA, located in Virginia is just a service center and warehouse, the guns are still made overseas, at least that what the website indicates.

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Congrats on your...er I mean wife's new O/U! :tee:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts