Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just purchased a marlin xt 22. What ammo do you guys use and have found to be the best all round fit

When I purchased the xt22 the guy threw in 2 boxes of the winchester super x I also picked up a bulk 525 pack of the federal champion.

Thanks.

Clarky

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Clarky75,

Can't speak to your rifle specifically, and considering most rifles, including .22 rimfires are rules unto themselves, even if I owned one of the same models it would be a guess at best.

Recently testing a 10/22 build, I fired some CCI Green Tag as there was a post on one forums asking about results with this ammo.

My first response was that the Green Tag had never shown me anything worth repeating and I considered it to be so so as match/target ammo at best.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Feddersen barrel on this 10/22 loved this lot number of Green Tag, one five shot - 50 yd. group going 3/16" and another 1/4".

Good quality ammo will shoot at least acceptably from most good barrels, but only testing with your specific rifle/barrel will really lead you to the answer to your question.

Of possible help to you, would be the Rimfire Central Forum. Many hard core rimfire shooters post there.

Good luck and most of all be safe and have fun!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

·
Registered
294 Posts
Reviving another oldie...

My XT-22 is most accurate with Norma TAC-22. We found that faster the round, the worse the groups. I get quarter size groups at 50 yards with TAC-22.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
899 Posts
In my XT-22TR and 60SB both ... it will shoot anything. I prefer to shoot Wolf Match 22 ammo when hunting, but that supply is drying up, so I've been shooting Winchester 555 and Federal Target ammo.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
My XT-22 prefers Blazer or 36gn. mini-mags.
It'll keep all groups within a 1 inch target spot at 50yds. all day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts